supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
p1946170_1.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Thanks guys haha

That down pipe was formerly a BIC DDP. I bought it awhile back only to find out the previous owner cut the dividing tab out!! It was in horrible condition, had a poorly done welding job on the wideband bung. I then purchased another BIC DDP, this time from BIC directly with ceramic coat etc etc. I decide to make the old one an open downpipe, so I cut it. And since noise is not an issue here in Austin (drove around on an open turbo elbow for 4 months, and open cat on my SC400 for a month), I figured I'll run the open DDP until I get sick of it lol.

now for pics!!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Emailed CCW to see how my wheels are coming along. Should be a month at the most to my door. Can't wait! Next on my list is the 14.25in 6pot Wilwood front BBK and 12.9in 4pot Wilwood rear BBK.

More pics

Mounts for my PS cooler

Made the mounts I made way back look sharper and more professional

Cleaned my ISCV valve

I now have the comfort of knowing my ISCV valve is completely smooth. It would unwind itself (extend the piston) by itself if I wound it up.

Lots of new bolts and stuff

Neoprene washers just so it's not up against bare metal

Polished my oil thermostat (not really, just rubbed the billet material with some compound)

More to come. Been working overtime on this car. Deadline is July 6th for first start.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Looking great as usual. I recently sold my MKIII, but still have this hood project. Any chance you want to finish it? I have all the materials to finish it, you'll just need someone to tack weld it, then bondo it all to smooth it. The bottom is a photoshop of what the finished hood will look like. Might not be your style, that's cool too.

-Lance

TX2K6PreView021.jpg
TX2K6PreView022-1.jpg
scoop4.jpg

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Thanks again guys! That hood looks nice! but! I don't think it will fit what I have in mind for my Supra :/

Deadline for first start is July 7th. My buddies will be coming down on the 6th, so that gives us a day to go through and double check everything is ready. Anyone wanting to join in on this momentous occasion is more than welcome to come out! Just LMK so I can plan accordingly as far as food/drink are concerned.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
No problem! Here's more!

My transmission filter setup

Pretty busy behind the crash bar

Big gap between frame and radiator

MK4 radiator brackets

Only difference between the two brackets is that metal polish. Also you can see the weatherstripping I put in to help close the gap

New AC drier

Before. Not really polishing, just compounding it

Much better

The stock gold screws bugged me, so I replaced them with stainless steel ones.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin

Fabricating mounts for my oil cooler

Checking clearance for my intercooler block off plate

Shined up and sealed

Cool shot when I saw the gold tape in the sunlight

The tabs on the block off plate are really not needed, so off they come!

Bare metal polished to 1000 grit (I could've gone higher, but I wanted the end result to still show the lines I had painstakingly kept when sanding the pipe, same way IC pipes come with machining lines when new)

End result after polish compound and sealer.

debrucer

Supramania Contributor
Two and a half years, 18 pages of posts... You, sir, are an inspiration here! Thanks!

I have owned my Supra for almost ten years now... and driven it twice with a blown head gasket. It has been garage stored all of that time and is finally getting the attention it deserves. I will be back to visit your pictures frequently.

Thanks again for sharing.

Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
Major props! Definitely a lot of patience and attention to detail going into this car. It's gonna be a stand out for sure!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Thanks very much guys. Good luck with your build Debrucer! and you must have your settings to A LOT of posts per page lol. I'm at 90 pages >_<

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Car is running. I let Sergio do the actual break in drive since he built the motor and has his way of breaking it in. Only issue we couldn't fix was what he described as the engine not knowing what to do during half ass accel or decel. We think it's related to my BOV being uncirculated and the ECU trying to learn the new setup. I'll give it a couple days and if the ECU still doesn't pick it up, I'll figure out a way to recirculate the BOV, which by the way is a Synapse synchronic. He said the UEGO was saying the car was jumping from lean to rich and vise versa. I'll take a note of AFR readings today. What's left for break in is filter change today, another day of driving, making the engine see a lot of vacuum, lots of engine braking, and the day after will be the head retorque, at which point I will change the plugs as well. Once I get to 100 miles including today's driving, I will change the oil and filter again as well as my transmission filter.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Thanks man!! I just hope I can fix this hesitation/stuttering issue...

Older pics from before the first start:

Gold taped the underside of my intercooler block off plate (and yes, we have confirmed that the gold tape works. After my 60 mile drive today I was able to touch the plate with bare hands without waiting. My IC piping that was taped was cool enough that I could leave my fingers touching it for a good while, where as pipes that weren't taped were too hot to touch)

Newer untorn shift boot for auto shift lever

I love a clean workspace

Me and my buddies had a long discussion on how the oil lines should be off the block with the filter relocation kit. We agreed that the center port was return to the engine and the outside port was the feed from the engine.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin

Not the final setup. I'll tweak things a little once the engine is broken in.

Glad I kept my spare o-rings... afm needed it lol

First light up

I was very proud of this particular bracket. Takes quite a bit of elbow grease to bend that aluminum.

Lucky Lady bug