88 Blue Turbo restoration/upgrade story

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
lol thanks guys. I managed to shatter one of the door vents in the top of the panel... -_- so I guess I'm just gonna use some filler and paint it.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Haha... not quite sure what you wrote there.... it's a little... fuzzay

TrollFaceDancing.gif

In other news, the radiator in the SC blew up on me. Ordered a Koyo OEM replacement. Hopefully it can survive until the weekend... I'm just gonna have to carry several gallons of water around with me and blast the heater on HIGH.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Ooooo guess what came in the mail todayyyyyy

Actually before I get to that, here is some stuff I got before.

2 of my 3 B&M super coolers. Polished one is for Power Steering and the black one is for Engine Oil.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Got myself a nice Keychain

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

After much ado, got my 6M crank scraper from Ishihara Johnson.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Teflon bladed 0 clearance too!!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

57 Trim goodness

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ceramic Coated hotside

sm_photo_missing.jpg

10 Degree clip

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Missing a stud for the Oil Outlet thingy. Hopefully I can find a bolt that fits

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Coming from a guy who did this

a6898b62-01d6-b03c.jpg

You should really get the polish stuff anodized clear. It will save you the maintainence work.

Keep it up Bubba.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Thanks guys!! *sigh If I had the cash, you know I would definitely look for a more hardy form of beautification. Powder coating is definitely in the future, just not now :(. I might even chrome some stuff. Not a lot, just some.

Just got my valve body back from Devin. Looks great, can't wait to feel those tire chirping shifts!! lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I have been keeping up with your build thread lately, and you are going to have quite a Supra once you get it all put back together. It's real easy to tell that you have a true dedication to your Supra.

I also saw that you posted in a for sale thread and asked about removing the door lock bezels. Here is a link that explains how to remove them and has part numbers to order new clips from Toyota. http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/printable.php?QID=72

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
oh wow! thanks Silver MK3, lol this will def help next time I take my door cards off. And my turbo was rebuilt by Albert =D can't wait to see how it performs.

And I just wanna say, thanks guys for following this build and commenting etc etc. I really appreciate it, I remember when I first joined SM and spent hours upon hours just drooling over all the build threads, and now that I can contribute to the community as well, it means a lot. thanks everyone!!!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
lithium14;1828005 said:
oh wow! thanks Silver MK3, lol this will def help next time I take my door cards off. And my turbo was rebuilt by Albert =D can't wait to see how it performs.

And I just wanna say, thanks guys for following this build and commenting etc etc. I really appreciate it, I remember when I first joined SM and spent hours upon hours just drooling over all the build threads, and now that I can contribute to the community as well, it means a lot. thanks everyone!!!

The only reason I know you can get them new from the dealer is because I broke mine when I took the door panels off to change the speakers. It wasn't until after I broke all of the clips that I found the instructions on how to take off the clips, and the part numbers.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Silver MK3;1831324 said:
The only reason I know you can get them new from the dealer is because I broke mine when I took the door panels off to change the speakers.

How long ago did you order the clips? I was under the impression that the clips were no longer available new from the dealer.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
LOL. I just got ones from someone who sold me his lock bezels.

I apologize for the lack of updates guys.... my block is still at the machinist (who is supposed to be the best in Dallas, goes by the name of Watt, if anyone knows him). My buddy in Dallas recently dropped off a virgin 6M crank, so both he and the machinist now have everything needed to finish the rebuild. Simply a matter of waiting now.

In the meantime, I am in the process of kicking off a new business venture: mobile detailing in the city of Austin. Here is the link to my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LisPerformanceDetail

I will be adding more information as the weeks go by, to include prices, material, techniques, etc. Today I finished my first test car (roommates 2009 Honda Civic) and posted lots of before and after pics. I still have to work on time saving measures as it took me much longer to do the full package on her car than I intended, not to mention I didn't even get into the interior. I plan to also get into paint correction once I can afford the tools and material needed. I will be practicing that on my Lexus SC. If I can restore that car, I can restore any car lol.