'87 Drag Car 7M awesomeness

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
IBoughtASupra;1737270 said:
Steve, I sent the PM about the fuel rail. We can make any size rail you want, you specify and that is talking about the inner diameter.

Let me know.
Ya I got it, I am still looking around. Its still awhile from now that I will be needing fuel stuff. I will keep you in mind.

ForcedTorque;1737398 said:
Wait.......1200hp???? 7M??? This should get very interesting! Looks really good so far, but that's a pretty lofty goal.
Ya its been done, and its going to be around 1500 - 1550 crank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keHP7k31s5I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJNSmyhWhYs

jdmfreak;1737418 said:
damn all this drool is gonna fry my keyboard :) very nice subscribed
Thanks

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I didn't say it can't be done! I said it will be very interesting to see. As far as I know, Mibrum has done it (1000+), and so has Duane. There may be a couple more. It's not an everyday occurance, and I'm sure it takes FAR above average workmanship. I don't have any idea what the skills of you or your builder are. I'm not doubting. I posted merely to be subscribed. Things look good in pictures and print. I want to be here to see it in video.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i love it... and as for the aluminum exhaust....what is the head made of?.... think people.... its not gonna melt... if it was the mounting flange tor the manifold on all of our cars would be...

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
ForcedTorque;1737483 said:
I didn't say it can't be done! I said it will be very interesting to see. As far as I know, Mibrum has done it (1000+), and so has Duane. There may be a couple more. It's not an everyday occurance, and I'm sure it takes FAR above average workmanship. I don't have any idea what the skills of you or your builder are. I'm not doubting. I posted merely to be subscribed. Things look good in pictures and print. I want to be here to see it in video.
Oh I know lol no worries. I've built plenty if engines and as far as I know they've all been running to this day. But this motor is requiring precise craftmanship on every little detail. I personally am probably not going to build the block (I would love to but dont want to toss 4k+ down the drain. I'll let rich @ sip do it since he's built many 1000+ hp 7ms

fixitman04;1737497 said:
i love it... and as for the aluminum exhaust....what is the head made of?.... think people.... its not gonna melt... if it was the mounting flange tor the manifold on all of our cars would be...
Again direct vs indirect heat. Also the headhas coolant running threw it constantly so not a very good comparison. It will save me more time & money to do the SS down pipe and run an aluminum DP/dump for the strip cause 4/5" aluminum bends are $$$ compared to replacing the straight 5" catback. Also exhaust doesn't have any "heat exchanger" like coolant except for metal it can transfer to. Bends create heat, downpipe has atleast 2 bends.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Stock block all cleaned up, painted, arp installed, lower gasket set ordered.
p1737634_1.jpg

Switch plate mounted and made out of lexan
p1737634_2.jpg

Last edited:

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
mecevans;1737653 said:
What are your plans for coolant and oil systems?

New oil pump, shimmed, filter relocation to the front, using a 2qt filter, then to a micron filter, and oil cooler

Coolant nothing special, I have a koyo radiator, fal fans, would like to find an electric pump that would eliminate a belt just needing an alternator belt.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
crisp;1737763 said:
I think it was his redundancy backup pump that was electric, yes.

BTW... SUBSCRIBED!!!:biglaugh:

-crisp
Sweet I'll have to ask him, thanks

ohiosupramst;1737795 said:
Do you plan on doing billet mains or a girdle?
Billet mains yes forgot to put them on the list. There on my master list at home. Girdle I don't think they make anything for these engines.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If they don't make it, I am sure you can, it is not hard at all. It is mainly used to prevent any movement of the block and make it rigid.

People say to just go billet mains, others say girdle. Why not both? There are no negatives to them because as Ian said, after 600HP, a straight six crank is a wet noodle.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
I'll have tO look into it and talk to rich.

Lots of time, welding and blending put into these. All screw holes filled, blended flush, 3000 pipe mounting welded up, tapped for AN fittings

Straigh from powder
p1737981_1.jpg

Before
p1737981_2.jpg

Last edited: