7m revs up then stalls out

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
I'm also leaning towards the fuel pump or maybe the fpr I'm not home with my car so I'm gonna have to mess with it either tomorrow or Saturday maybe even later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
And the only things done to my car is lex/550 mod tubed header and some to4e something honestly I don't know the specs. 3"exhaust I think that's about it, but at the moment it's only about 2-3ish of open down pipe with the o2 sensor unplugged but I don't think this would be an issue.. I didn't finish my downpipe because I discovered this issue..

Last edited:

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1961730 said:
And the only things done to my car is lex/550 mod tubed header and some to4e something honestly I don't know the specs. 3"exhaust I think that's about it, but at the moment it's only about 2-3ish of open down pipe with the o2 sensor unplugged but I don't think this would be an issue.. I didn't finish my downpipe because I discovered this issue..

So you're running your car and boosting with an unplugged o2 sensor?

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Noo I just said I was in the process of making a new downpipe.. Hence whys it's out, also it won't boost cause its stalling out, wouldn't think it would be an issue to unplug it for now

Last edited:

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Never finished the downpipe cause I discovered this issue, was trying to sort this out first.. Ill go ahead and finish it if you think this could be an issue

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1961818 said:
Never finished the downpipe cause I discovered this issue, was trying to sort this out first.. Ill go ahead and finish it if you think this could be an issue

When the oxygen sensor fails, the computer can no longer sense the air/fuel ratio, so it ends up guessing. So since you have no o2 sensor at all it's guessing what your fuel mixture should be so who knows what it's doing. It could be too lean or to rich, which will make the car run poorly and possibly even stall out like it is for you. I'd suggest getting the o2 sensor on and then let us know how it runs.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1961818 said:

And DO NOT boost until you have the o2 sensor on, if you're running lean and are boosting it's horrible for the engine.

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Yeah I know, but thanks though.. I kinda looked past that because I was reading on another thread somewhere that it wouldn't do much, but I suppose its worth a shot anyway at this point.. Ill update on this tomorrow or possibly later tonight,

xCxHxRxIxSx

Mar 4, 2011
Oakville, Ontario
No i haven't. I've been busy with work and stuff. Hopefully monday or tuesday I will be able to work on the car and test fuel pressure.

Also in my experience a bad O2 will cause the car to run extremely rich with black smoke coming from the exhaust.

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Ok... What should I start with then, cause I've tried just about everything besides checking fuel pressure.. Only because I haven't had a ton of time and honestly haven't looked into how to go about checking it

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Ok so I have the o2 hooked up and still does the same thing, I also discovered that I screwed up and had 2 of the plug wires mis matched -_- fixed that.. Revs much better but still cuts out.. But I do get a code 31 now. I'm going to find another sensor to swap out to see if anything changes, I did say I switched them out but I could have switched to a bad one because it was my original one and I remember switching it for some reason that I can't remember, but ofcourse I misplaced the one that I had taken out, any other thoughts on this? Also I checked the timing over and realized it was set at 0* for the crank pulley and I was reading somewhere today mentioning it should be around 10 or 12*. Could that make it stall out when it try's to rev up? If I'm unclear on anything tell me and ill try to explain more thanks.

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Oh and when I unplug the afm it will not rev to its 3k rev limit but rather bog and stall out.. I'm going to calibrate the tps and set the timing to 10-12ish degrees on the pulley and see what happens

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1962182 said:
Oh and when I unplug the afm it will not rev to its 3k rev limit but rather bog and stall out.. I'm going to calibrate the tps and set the timing to 10-12ish degrees on the pulley and see what happens

Timing should be set at 10 degrees BTDC with a timing light on the plug wire going to the first cylinder and t and e shorted out in the diag box. Did you check the timing with a timing light?