7m revs up then stalls out

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
If that was to me... Then either your TPS is very badly adjusted, or IDL is grounding to E2, and the ECU is hitting fuel cut.

This happened to me when my TPS went bad. Another person I knew with an '89t had something similar happen, but IDL would intermittently ground to E2 while driving, and the car would give a little buck. (If I hadn't fixed it, I probably could have bought the car cheap...)

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Ok. So say it is grounding .. Since I have to snip the wires just behind the connector to put the now one on. Then it will act like its just unplugged because it won't be grounding out anymore correct?? So therefor it won't do it's fuel cut bullcrap right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Snipping wires? Wtf? There's always a meter, checking for code 51 with the pedal pressed, or just unplugging the TPS...

BryanDyer;1962482 said:
Idk if im the only one to notice this, but is your name 3p141592654 as in 3.1415926535 for pie? LOL.................................

Now that's entertainment...

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Ok I feel like an ass lol should have calibrated it in the first place but I turned it all the way to the shut position for the tps and it was perfectly fine revved all the way up all day long.. Thanks for your patience guys.. Sorry if my lack of inexperience was frustrating and or annoying.. Thanks a ton

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
hey calm your self it was an idea lol no need to flame I mean you should see the wiring mess to it in the first place like I said they guy I got this from was a total hack, so why not I've been messing with it for a while now and wasn't finding answers nothing a little solder couldn't fix..

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Dan_Gyoba;1962487 said:
implied-facepalm1.jpg

Yeah, we noticed. Why do you think everyone calls him Pi?

I've recently got back the forums and neer noticed them calling him that...go ahead, make me feel stupid. Im ready

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1962492 said:
And I never calibrated the tps yet I just have it turned to the point where it sounded decent.. I was more concerned of why its doing what it's doing. When you said throttle position related I assumed tps my b

What do you mean to the point where it sounded different?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1962630 said:
Yes I know, I will.. Ofcourse haha

Lol I hate calibrating that thing. Whenever the tb comes off I make sure my tps remains attached so I don't have to recalibrate.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Dan_Gyoba;1962635 said:
^^ this.

It's simple to do, the procedure is in the TSRM on page FI-103. Hint: 0.7mm mechanical pencil leads are readily available at dollar stores if you don't have feeler gauges. Gauges are also cheap though.

Oh I know it's easy just boring to sit there and hold the two prongs with a multimeter while sticking the gauge in and measuring the resistance.