7m revs up then stalls out

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Ok so the motor idles fine but as soon as I go to rev it it goes up to about 3-4k then stalls right out back to idle.. Totally dies out under load though. No Codes or anything, I was getting one for the knock sensor but I messed with the wiring thinking it was the problem and resolved that.. Im not really sure what to do, could it be fuel related? Or maybe the cps? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Did you check for codes? even though the engine light isn't on doesn't mean there aren't any codes. Check to see if the Tos is to tsrm spec and check that you wired the injectors correct. People sometimes get the wires backwards.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
If you have the complete stock AFM, you can just swap the black box sensor assembly over. They're the same part, even with the different AFM body, so they're interchangeable. If your original AFM is known good, then just use the black box from it.

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
Sorry didn't get to reply last night, but yes I have checked the codes I just get the constant flashing and I've been driving the car and it was perfectly fine so I'm sure the wiring to the injectors is fine.. Also swapped back and forth between my afms more than once.. So I doubt it's the afm, I've been messing with these common problems for almost a month now.. I'm leaning towards maybe somewhere in the ignition system, any thoughts on this? Ill post a video of what it's doing when I get home.

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
I parked the car around last month in my garage to fix a horrible exhaust leak I had at the header flange, 3 of the bolts were stripped so I got the stud kit replaced those and put on a a new tubed manifold while I had it off and I put on some kind of t3/t4 turbo on it i had laying around from my truck(some ebay turbo for now) because the bearings on my ct26 are shot. Just some info on what I was doing before the issue, like I said drove fine and revved fine before I parked it, besides the horrible exhaust leak ofcourse.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
Tyler Chalue;1961552 said:
Sorry didn't get to reply last night, but yes I have checked the codes I just get the constant flashing and I've been driving the car and it was perfectly fine so I'm sure the wiring to the injectors is fine.. Also swapped back and forth between my afms more than once.. So I doubt it's the afm, I've been messing with these common problems for almost a month now.. I'm leaning towards maybe somewhere in the ignition system, any thoughts on this? Ill post a video of what it's doing when I get home

Well, to help us a little more, what all(aftermarket) do you have done to the car?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
mcammarn;1961620 said:
It may be your bov if its not recirculating.

This should only be a problem when coming off boost depending on how high the boost was which some people actually don't even have a problem not having the BOV recirculated.

To the OP, so the car if you rev it will go up to about 3k rpms and the drop to idle? and under load it stalls? does it stall when pressing in the clutch or it just stalls under load?

Tyler Chalue

Aug 21, 2013
Dudley, MA
I also hooked up straight intercooler pipe from the throttle body to the afm on the end of it so I could have it plugged in (so I was basically running n/a) to rule out if it was a boost leak or something and it stills does the same thing..

xCxHxRxIxSx

Mar 4, 2011
Oakville, Ontario
I was going to post up a thread on a similar issue until I saw this one.

I'm experiencing pretty much the same thing except in my case it seems to be intermittent. The car more often then not will bog down under load at random rpm points, and sometimes it won't rev up when the car is parked. If i tap the gas a few times it will clear up for a bit and I can hit boost, only to fall on it's face when I shift.

So far I have no codes, swapped in two good AFM sensors, checked and re calibrated the TPS, and checked base timing. I'm probably going to check fuel pressure next.

As for mods I only have 3" exhaust, 57 trim and intercooler+hardpipes