7m 11's or bust almost 2 years in the making!!!!!

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
any input on material that would be easily workable (saws all, drill, dremel) for ducting from the grill to the ic and radiator and all my other coolers up front, because i'm damn sure not hacking up the bumper.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
The real only way to do that is just to make a hole like group A or something similar. The other thing that you could do is get an IC plate/cover and that will keep the air flow in the IC part of the bay.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Well guys...no start today, i went to put the battery in to prime it. I had a bit of a shotty connection on the terminal to the positive side of the battery (terminal is too big so it wasn't snug tight on the positive side) and then i connected the ground and my 100amp alt fuse blew... But now that i've got it out i'm going to put new a new fuse on tommorow. I have the 12v fuel pump mod and the starter relay mod...funny thing is when i had the batt full charged before and installed it it didn't do this..... i messed with the starter relay i installed today pulling a tugging and what not could that have caused this? What connections do i need to check to see if what caused this to blow?

I checked this thread
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99641&highlight=100a+fuse
and it gave me some leads. The two wires that go to this are a set of black and a set of white wires. Both look fine no charring or anything. How do i test to see if they are good? The headlights came on but did not come up also whenever this fuse blew. I don't remember anything touching the alt wire to the batt...but maybe i wasn't paying attention, Is this the only way to blow this fuse?

Last edited:

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Look at the wires under the Fuse box and make sure all of your fusible links are good and everything is hooked up right. Also is anything touching the top of the alt where it connects to the battery?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Well, got the short fixed today and the fuseable link replaced. Thats all good. Primed it and made some oil pressure :D. But the fuel pump is still not kicking on. I tested 2 different relays both checked out. I tested all the wires and they check out, my power wire i ran is getting 12v. So my only option was to drop the tank pull the pump and inspect the internal wiring. I did this, and found out one of my fuel lines coming from the tank is broken, so i had to call it quits for tonght and i'm gonna pick up some fuel safe hose tommorow and then check the pump and hope for startup with no more snags! Wish me luck!

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
I would love to know how you like the 4.30. I have 3.73 in my 90 and have been thinking of going with 4.10 or 4.30. I can wait to see this thing run.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
thanks for all the love guys...(and girl :naughty:) tonight and last night were a little disappointing...i got the new lines on in place of the old cracked ones...but the feed line to the fuel filter leaks like a sieve.....i'm so frustrated. I don't know what to do in all honesty. I didn't flare the pipe first so i'm going to try that tomrrow....we'll see how that goes. Any input? Do you think flaring it and putting a good tight hose clamp on it will do the trick? if not what can i cant think of any way to attach the 2 points besides this rubber hose or getting a whole new hanger with new lines..but i'd have to find a supra first...cuz i have no moneys to get one off the net right now.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
fixed the gas leak...but now i have an oil leak because i don't have the correct size union for my oil filter relocation to my oil filter because i'm running a big block chevy filter.....this blows. Also the car will start for like a second but dies immediately. Any suggestions?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
got the oil leak fixed :icon_bigg and think i have the starting issue fixed, i think my base timing was off so i'm in the middle of fixing it and hoping to start up today!

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
drove it tonight guys....found out i have a broken heater control valve (gonna bypass temporarily) and a fuel trickle from using too big of a copper washer on my cold start injector. Upon first getting it started it would idle fine, but it would want to die really badly when i would hit the gas. So i was jiggling some wires and got no results. Then i moved my positive batt terminal (which i've discovered is too big for the post) and it would rev fine! so i took off for the first drive. Not very pleasant lol, it threw a code, it was very hesitant and then it died. The first time it died, it started back up, but then it died right as i was pulling back into the garage and wouldnt start, so i messed with the terminal some more and and fired up and went back to not being able to rev. So i'm going to fix the leaks tomorrow and get a new battery terminal. I had a chance to check the codes before resetting the battery and i got a 51 and an air temperature sensor(where is this located?) The 51 could be the fact that i have my air conditioning removed because i just calibrated the BRAND NEW tps. Base timing is set and i was going to get the timing light out and set the ignition timing but i didn't have a chance to do this. The oil pressure is good, vac is right at 18lbs, idle is a bit high about 1k-1300, no excessive smoke from the exhaust. Any input anyone? What about the wastegate issue? would that be a runnning problem? I have an safcII but its all zeroed out with nothing changed, 550's, lexus afm, 255lph pump 12v mod, afpr with fuel pressure at 44lbs vac line off, precision sc6152e 61mm turbo, 4'' intake, those are the only mods i can think of that might throw things out of whack. Thanks for lookin, tell me what you think, charles

ps i did do a vac leak test on the cold side of the ic piping and it held solid and had no audible leaks, i mean all vac hoses have been replaced with hose techniques kit so it shouldnt be an issue anyways. Also air and both fuel filters are BRAND new.