76 Supra

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
empera said:
hehe yep but pretty much same diff.
i hope to own one in the future...

no, completely diff to an anal Toyota person like miself.

Mk1 Supras are completely fugly next to a Mk1 Celica fastback, fo sheezy. :biglaugh:

S

supRA29

There is definately some room for improvement. I was thinking about getting rid of those truck bumpers, and replacing them with some fiberglass ones. Also I really like the rear end of the Jdm spec celicas so I might have to do a little makeover.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

A view of the front
sm_photo_missing.jpg

They got all the good stuff. They even have carbon hoods available for these.
Pics stolen from Classic-celica.com

S

supRA29

I know where to come for enthusiasm and help now. Thanks for the interest. I'll definately have to do a build thread.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Boost Lee said:

Sorry. :biglaugh: That car is absolute sex. I had to play around with it a little bit in MS Paint. :naughty: About that wing.......:icon_conf, I just wanted to experiment...not bad for a 5 minute chop.

6M, 7M-GE even, GTE (even better), or a 2JZ.

No hatrid with a 1J...but with a car like that....either go big, or go home. ;)

-Jeff

so a 6m or 7M-GE is going big and a 1J is not? :dunno:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, Don't be ridiculous, Joe. :)

6M and 7M-GE "IS" going home. :rofl:

But it would be an upgrade from what is in there now.

Besides, you aren't allowed to show support for a 1J anymore....:sadwavey:

;) lol.

Jeff

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I had a 1977 Celica GT - same color as that one.

Neat car. Got hit head on by a 70's Ford F-250 and walked away. Poor car was totaled but it kept me alive.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
please please post a build thread. sounds like a sweet project. kinda like the photochop, car would look sweet if it were black IMO. are you going to leave it that color or change it?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I was an old school celica guy before I bought my Sup'. Over the years I have had 2 76 GTcoupes, a 74 GTcoupe and a 73 ST coupe. The most recent, the 73 ST had a swapped in 20/22R hybrid with a 32/36 and a 5 speed. It was a fun little car and I kept it for over 10 years. Selling it allowed me to buy my Supra, but sometimes I still regret selling it. I will definately buy another someday but will most likely go with a 71-72 "flatlight" and probably swap in a 3S-GTE. I like the idea of sticking with a 2 liter 4 instead of shoehorning in an I6.

I would love to see what you do with your LB, so keep us informed.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Wow nice ride. Didn't know the mk1's looked that nice. And I thought my 1j mk3 was a sleeper... That car + 1jz = :naughty:

FrankSupra

Dec 9, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Welcome, I'm new here too. I started out with Celicas also. I Had a 73,75, 77 lift back like yours, two 78's & a 79.

It will scream no matter what you decide to install!

attachment.php
!

Attachments

• Saturday2 (7).jpg
    Saturday2 (7).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
71-74 coupes ftw.

I never really liked the liftbacks, but theyre beginning to hold some appeal for me. hahah.

I love mk1's because theyre one of those cars that look natural when slammed to the point where their nuts drag.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
HellsLegion said:
Amazing car. I would do anything for one

ANYTHING??? :rofl: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

My uncle had a 78, green. It was in perfect condition. He sold it for $1200. I was just a kid back then.... :nono: