6262 billet turbo smoking under heavy boost..

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
indeed never know may have melted the crown just abit from running lean, you did burn a vavle there might be more damage then befor

or the last thing this happen to my buddies car was he put one of thou trubo bags on his trubo and cover the center section and the turbo just cooked and killed the turbo

might even have lack of oil to the turbo causeing it to no get eghough as well and killing it

good luck

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Thanks Nash. I thought I would never have to go on here and ask, but I thought this would be a quick, simple problem..

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
MRSUPRA;1542345 said:
Could putting too much oil in the oil pan cause this?? I'm having a lot of issues getting my dipstick seated in all the way. I could be overflowing it..

Are you sure the smoke is coming from inside the exhaust and not being burned On the exhaust? The Dipstick tube on my car came slightly loose and was leaking oil onto the down pipe creating a smoke screen effect.

More boost could lead to higher crankcase pressure causing oil to get blown out of the dipstick hole.

Just another thought.

Last edited:

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
nosechunks;1542489 said:
Are you sure the smoke is coming from inside the exhaust and not being burned On the exhaust? The Dipstick tube on my car came slightly loose and was leaking oil into the down pipe creating a smoke screen effect.

More boost could lead to higher crankcase pressure causing oil to get blown out of the dipstick hole.

Just another thought.

lol....thats almost as bad as leaiving ur radiator cap off, like my friend did...he went to go check it in his car, then we went out...and his car started smoking.....well, he ended up really needing collant, lol

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Just an update.. I rebent and reseated my dipstick so it pushes in the hole now.
Went out and took it for a ride again.. Boosted a little with no smoke at all, then I found an open stretch of road and got on it hard..Lots of smoke out the tal pipe again and then it clears up a few seconds after I let off. I got back and then pulled the upper intercooler pipe off. No sign of any oil in the pipes. A little dirty, but no wetness from oil.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Did you look at and around the down pipe and manifold area for oil residue? Is the exhaust housing v-band outlet? Could you pull the down pipe and see if there is oil residue inside there?

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Yes, the exhaust housing is a V-band outlet. Yeah, that's a good idea to see if any oil is in the downpipe.-Would that indicate a bad turbo seal?

There is a little bit of smoke coming up from under the turbo when it's hot. I felt down there and there is some oil around the return line-that might be just a little leak at the return line and unrelated.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Look on the out side of the down pipe and see if there are dark spots where oil may have burned. If thee oil inside the down pipe you would at least know its an internal problem on either the motor or the turbo.