625rwhp tear down part 2

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
So here we are again rings are a bit worn and starting so let out pufs of smoke here and there so i decided to pull it as it has been about 15-18k. Last time i tore it down at 12k search if you want, ended up using eagle rods and reusing the main bearings as they looked very good also reused the thrust washers and installed new rings. Sprayed my new hks stopper with copper spray and went to town.

This car is driven hard very hard all the time as a daily driver from day one the last bolt was put in. Along the way i changed parts one at a time and revisited the dyno after each part was installed. Moved up to a standalone tuned it myself and went with twin pumps lines 67mm with .84ar and 3.5" custom exhaust i fabbed up. Used 15w-40 royal purple for some time then switched to 10-30 for winter (i still drive in the snow) and 10-40 for the summer. Runs 18-20psi on pump and c-16 above that had days of back to back pulls that started at 8am and ended at 8pm went through 5 tank fill ups that day :nono:

Finally just blew the hks stopper on a violent misfire after reusing the second time dynoed 625rwhp at about 26psi. Will be posting pics soon as i take them.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
shaeff;1310873 said:
;) = :sarcasm:

Oops....

duh-duh1233387823.jpg

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
Doward;1310964 said:
What caused your misfire?

And yeah, curious how much timing under boost you had, as well ;)

misfire was from a mishap a coil wire worked loose and hit the body

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
upgradedsupra;1311150 said:
Shit happens even with built engines, nothing is bullet proof, that's a fact. ;)

Duane

tell me about it, but the car is pretty reliable and i cant complain as i beat it like i want it to blow everytime i drive it. Every now and then i check around under the hood and make sure all is ok. Last time i did i found 4 teeth missing on my timing belt:nono: so i upgraded to a gates racing.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
What happened quake? Last time I talked to you before I went to Iraq, you were building this thing and now that Im back I see you are gonna be building again.

That sucks man, but good luck.

Brandon

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I don't think it's obvious that Quake ISN'T having a cry about this and that he's had a good run out of the engine at this power level ;)

The 1J crack was just that and seems to be the most common reply from the peanut gallery in this type of thread so I preempted it!