5 years of Supra ownership... How long have you been in the game?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
I've had a Supra for about 7 years now. Started off with a 90 NA hardtop (hence my sn) and drove it back from CA with my Dad the week after Valentines day. Was a great Supra (only blew out the 90 degree bend behind the head, and needed a new rad after the PO taped the under cover up over the lower air dam). Unfortunately my time with her was shot as a minivan decided it couldn't see the Supra Red color and took out my entire pass side and set the airbags off while I was driving to the first day of my Sophomore year of college.

On the plus side the insc money paid for me to upgrade to a 91 turbo sunroof in rare baltic blue pearl. I have had my 91 for about 5 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even when I went through 6 turbos in a single year it was still mine.

Also like some others mentioned, Gran Turismo got me hooked on the MK3 supra and I still wouldn't trade it for a MK4!

Mkiii supra

Apr 16, 2010
Salem Oregon
te72;1649862 said:
You better not sell out Clint. I'd lose MY motivation, you know?

You got your first one in high school huh? You kinda guys suck for that, never having to drive some POS that was a hand-me-down. :p

I also had a POS for a year.... 84 t-bird. and yes, it had white walls!!!! lol.

p1650993_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Zerocool;1649835 said:
I have owned 4 supras since then, one 7mge, two 7mgte's and two 1jzgte's. I don't really see myself selling out unless I have a good reason.

You youngsters need to pay more attention in school! 1+2+2=4?

And yea, if you sold out, there'd be more than one motivation lost.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
ForcedTorque;1651438 said:

And yea, if you sold out, there'd be more than one motivation lost.

Thanks Scott! However I did go through two 7m's in one supra and swapped a 1jz in my black 89 :p, Just the small details I left out. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ForcedTorque;1651438 said:

You think his math is a bit off, you should have seen his spelling before he found out that Firefox has a spell check! ;)