5 Officers Terminated for beating an unconcious man

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
i think ijs point of from professionals is the achilles heal in your arguement poodles....that kind of behavior needs to be controled effectivly before cops can hit anyone they want

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
p1325885_1.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1325882 said:
Can't find the full video, damn media is spinning this against the cops...

This man was aiming for pedestrians, the cops had EVERY right to shoot his ass...

FINE I have nothing against deadly force WHILE the guy is a threat what they did was disgusting full stop.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, as this wasn't premeditated. Murder is and rape usually is as well.

3-4 seconds from him landing to the cop being on his and he appears to still be moving. How could they have known?

We can sit back and say all sorts of things about this, but NONE of us have ever been in the situation.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Poodles;1325891 said:
No, as this wasn't premeditated. Murder is and rape usually is as well.

3-4 seconds from him landing to the cop being on his and he appears to still be moving. How could they have known?

We can sit back and say all sorts of things about this, but NONE of us have ever been in the situation.

Ok, so murder and rape that isn't premeditated is ok?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Murder that isn't premeditated is homicide, COMPLETELY different.

Rape I'm not going to get into and this is still all apples and oranges.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I'm sorry, but you said that EVERYONE would do the same in this situation, because they are human...
I said no, now you have "excuses" why not everyone would do the same.
Backpeddling much?

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
they can help it, 2 and a half years a spent in iraq and you dont think there may have been i time i wanted to breal the nose of the shithead that just killed a friend of mine....but i didnt. i was wearing the uniform of a marine, a professional. and i controlled myself. didnt matter what i just saw...how much adreliine i had. i did my job. even a s sniper i could have stopped people from killing dozens of innocents more than once....but did not have permission. so i didnt. there professional and didnt act as such. there wrong

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Just a few weeks ago cops did something similar to a guy who was just running from them.
He's lying on the ground and one cop runs up and kicks him in the face. Then a second cop punches him a few times.
The guy was prostrated on the ground hands behind his head.
There's no excuse for that, police are not above the law and they are held to a higher standard than an average citizen no matter what.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Poodles;1325924 said:
You have MUCH more training as well and you saw it day to day.

Cops eat donuts and write tickets all day...

Is this you retracting your previous statement that EVERYone would do the same thing in the given situation???

Who

Supramania Contributor
The suspect deserved to get his ass kicked. If the community or civilians were giving him that kind of punishment I could accept that but once you take the role of authority you have to follow the rule of the law and set an example. Regardless if the suspect is alert or unconscious the cops acted like school yard bullies. There are learned techniques that deal with restraining combative suspects. Flying drop kicks, steel toe kicks to the ribs and a round of "The Matrix" style punches to the head aren't in the manual. If the authority's adopt a mob mentality who do you call to protect you from the mob? It could be you or a family member one day and you or they might not be unconscious. The more they beat you, the more you scream and defend yourself the more they beat you. When does it end? Who do you call? Today they beat you when you try to run over a police officer. Tomorrow they beat you for speeding through a school zone.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Poodles;1325843 said:
For once, I'm gonna disagree and say the bastard deserved it.

He was aiming for pedestrians and nearly hit an officer. Trying to run the officer over is enough for them to have shot him.

He's luck he's ALIVE, period. If someone tried to run me over and I had a gun I'd shoot first and ask questions later...

Cmon... Gimme a break. You can't shoot someone unless they threaten your life.

It's hard for an unconscious man to be very much of a threat to anyone, now isn't it?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Did you not watch the video?

He nearly ran a police officer over, he AIMED for him. The longer version of the video (that I can't find damnit) shows him aiming for normal pedestrians as well.

Trying to kill an officer with a car = leathal force can be used.

LilMiss: I don't consider a soldier a normal person as they're not civilian.

And yes, I agree that police training should be MUCH better than it currently is because as a general rule they're getting out of hand. I'm usually all for the "fuck the police" comments, but this guy wasn't just going after cops and wasn't just a person that was speeding or something...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1325975 said:
Did you not watch the video?

He nearly ran a police officer over, he AIMED for him. The longer version of the video (that I can't find damnit) shows him aiming for normal pedestrians as well.

Trying to kill an officer with a car = leathal force can be used.

LilMiss: I don't consider a soldier a normal person as they're not civilian.

And yes, I agree that police training should be MUCH better than it currently is because as a general rule they're getting out of hand. I'm usually all for the "fuck the police" comments, but this guy wasn't just going after cops and wasn't just a person that was speeding or something...

And you seem to think that in some warped way justifies what they did and they shouldn't have been fired, fuck they SHOULD face charges.....:nono: