4l80e 7m

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
First does anyone know if this combo has ever been ran? I'm aware that it has with a 2j... If so who built your converter? Any issues with spacing on ati adapter plate? What's the wiring configurations with a aem? Anything else that might be helpful?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I have read that the guys from sound performance have rev their 2j engine to upwards of 9000 rpm with the 4l80e. I will be purchasing a kit from monster transmission called monster in a box it holds 950 foot pounds. I also spoke to them directly and I don't believe that the rev limit will be in issue. A lot of their kits are on offroad applications and see that rpm often. Plus I'm only reving to about 7500 rpm

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
leftynridge;1918529 said:
Anyone with any useful information on this setup would be appreciated? Thanks

I'm in the process of doing this swap as well into my mkiii (2jz)

Ill let you know how it goes, I'm gonna end up using the adapter that will retain stock bellhousing

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Gonna bump this for people who may wanna go this route. Original bell housing will get cut off and a custom 9" torque converter from Hughes performance here local will be made, with lock up.

I went this route for a couple of reason.

-I am making my own adapter to utilize stock bell housing.
-retains stock flywheel
-"9 custom torque converter is only $100 more than a huge 13" GM fatty
- no firewall bashing to get it to fit.

If you end up going the route that you utilize the GM bell housing so that you an use an off the self torque converter, a 700-800 dollar custom flywheel will have to be made, and the torque converter(performance) will be the same price.

6azeryra.jpg

Still trying to figure out speedo options as the 4l80 doesn't come with a mechanical one.