400rwhp electric bike + goober = DoH!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm curious.
How long does it take to "refuel" this bike between runs?

It is fast. It is dangerous. But is it practical? I'm sure the work on the motor is less than a piston driven bike, but what about the battery life? These batteries are supposed to be pretty innovative. Wonder when I can get a set for my laptop, cell phone and even my car? :)

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Adjuster said:
I'm curious.
How long does it take to "refuel" this bike between runs?

Lithiums charge very fast compared to other batteries...

Fast charge capable - reach 100% state-of-charge in 15 minutes using the Hypersonic SonicCharger™ balancing fast charge system.
It is fast. It is dangerous. But is it practical?

It's a drag bike, it is as practical as any race bike can be (not very lol)...

I'm sure the work on the motor is less than a piston driven bike, but what about the battery life? These batteries are supposed to be pretty innovative. Wonder when I can get a set for my laptop, cell phone and even my car? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-123-A123-Ba...dewalt-36_W0QQitemZ110162309049QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, Nice bike dude, I got the 06 FZ6, 30 less HP and 100lbs less weight than yours but it's still way fast for me stock. My best is 52mpg...

Last edited:

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
tte said:
He might be a good scientist but he had no common sense....obviously he did not have safety in mind...

Cheers,
Roy

Yup, that is the problem with running a high voltage DC motor..If/when your speed controller fails, it sticks wide open full trottle... Like he said laying on the ground, "it stuck on"

That is why all the new cars are 3 phase AC motors because if the speed controller fails, it just stops running....Much safer..

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Adjuster said:
I like mine that runs on regular unleaded. :)
Not quite as fast, but it does take about 3.5 gallons of gas to fill it up. Does nearly 40mpg fuel economy, and has a top speed in the 150+ range. (I've only seen 136mph indicated, but there are a few who claim 168mph verified on GPS.)

Oh, and it's about 30k less than that race bike, with it's unobtainum batteries. (No shielded palm pilot needed, and I always wear a helmet, boots that don't pop off on impact, and gloves... ) Soon to be wearing my Vanson jacket if it ever arrives.. :)

My new toy. 2006 FZ1 with some mods. :) Should be in the 130+ RWHP range at the moment. Plenty of power for a bike that is less than 500lbs full of fuel and oil and pure sex :love:
p754164_1.jpg

KTHXBYE

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Clueless said:
That FZ1 is sharp, I can't decide what my next bike is...either an CBR600RR, R6, FZ6 or a FZ1.

Shouldn't your next bike really be a Supra? Because... It's getting cold around here