400+whp 7M's

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, thats true but a major factor is alignment too. my friend has 315's on his mkiv and it spins like crazy on only 16psi w/ his SP71gtq. its got too much negative camber and bad toe in. but the car was previously a low 10-second car, so i think his toe-links are shot and it just might not be able to hold an alignment. im a big fan of zero toe and about +.25 to +.50 degrees of camber so that the contact patch flattens out as the car squats under power.

cjpp78

Apr 3, 2006
lavonia GA
My car hooks pretty well, I run 275s out back and at 17psi it breaks them loose in first when boost hits. 2nd gear its trying to get traction and third it hooks.

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
More power isnt always better. Some people want a nice all around car they can take out on the weekend and have some fun with. 300+ rwhp will get you close to redline in 5th. Spool on the street and take out an assortement of cars. Ok its nothing to really brag about, but there will always be someone faster.

And seriously, not to knock on people that like to drag, but open your eyes, not everyone wants a drag setup... Its no wonder so many people are pathetic drivers when it comes to cornering, as soon as the ass kicks out, the cars a write off.

end of the day, just be happy with your heap. If you want 1000rwhp and have spent the last 5 years building it, then good for you. Ide rather drive around in a 400+ car on pump gas for 5 years, then change setups as i desire. But thats just me. No need to generalize or preach, all that does is further separate the community.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Reminds me of a quote I heard on Horsepower TV

"whether you like going straight, or turning left .... somecompany has the right parts for you"

Of course that may just be true in the south.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Mark... (mc_h) everything that you say makes me laff while a lot of it is true you don't even follow your own advice... instead you keyboard war it.

Honestly, out of my t04b/sp63... I had the most fun on my stock CT at 16-17 PSI 400tq at 3100 RPM!

Sure it was slower then the sp63 but man was it fun fry tires on demand with the ct...

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
My next engine will be built to handle 1200+rhp not because I have anything to prove to anyone or want bragging rights or anything else... that's all BS to me. I just want a moderately reliable 1000rhp engine becuse that gives me an extremely reliable 600rhp engine that I can daily drive.

Anyone who thinks 400+rhp can't compete on the streets just doesn't know how to drive. 400+rhp will beat 99.999% of the cars on the road, and there's definately no shame in that. Also I think it's pretty sad to have people talking smack to others making "only" 400hp as though it's nothing. Spending thousands of $$ and hundreds of hours on an old supra is something everyone here should be proud of for eachother. I'm personally very happy to hear about anyone taking pride on working on these cars still.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Zazzn said:
Mark... (mc_h) everything that you say makes me laff while a lot of it is true you don't even follow your own advice... instead you keyboard war it.

Honestly, out of my t04b/sp63... I had the most fun on my stock CT at 16-17 PSI 400tq at 3100 RPM!

Sure it was slower then the sp63 but man was it fun fry tires on demand with the ct...

You know me well enough by now man...haha
I've eventually got bigger plans but as you know I can't afford to do it right now...So I'm not going to put the car out half-assed like I did before

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yet to see a 1000rwhp 7M in a street car so until someone actually makes it happen it's all just benchracing as NO ONE has a clue on drivability or longevity.....

One thing I do know for sure is it's going to take an assload of $$$ to get right.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Been a while since I've posted here. This thread was a fun read, except for the JZ hating. Take it easy kids.

BTW- Did anybody else (besides IJ and NickM) notice the mk4 in the background of Flubyu's CCW pic that had no wheels on it? I was LMAO.

Anyway, I'd better get back to work.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah, i was test fitting the wheels on my old car to make sure they would fit my black car. so since we were polishing the wheels, i put my car in the air and swapped them on. my friend wont let me take the wheels untill i find him new wheels to put his car on... thats why i bought these Volks, so we can just swap... cuz he wants 18's and i want 19's. its a tit-for-tat deal mostly. hes helping me and im helpin him. but good eye Brian.

like i said, 400rwhp is decent, by all means... but its not enough to make a 3800lb car "Fast"... especially when you consider that STOCK STi's and Evos can run door-to-door w/ a 400rwhp mk3.

zemon3

Big Poohbah
Aug 14, 2006
Cleveland, OH
also, beating mustangs is nothing to brag about. those cars suck on the street and they are done by 100mph. all it takes is bolt-ons and a big shot to make a mustang go down the 1/4 fast.

all i gotta say is... beating 600cc bikes (2002-current) is where things start getting good.

Finally, I read it. I am on a 2005 GSXR1000:biglaugh: and Supra 7mgteat:evil2: When I get on my bike I am actually impressed buy the power (til 130mph then - scared). I want my car to do the same. The motorcycles have really put the numbers down. (My bike ~147hp 363lbs stock thank you~ stock can do mid 9secs):nono: I'm now looking at alcohol bikes as another money pit. I just want my supra to look like the Challenger in Fast and Furious. Maybe just dusting a bike would make me happy. Because you can't dust my GSXR (at least not on a budget). I am targeting a viper killer, but I'll go as far a my money can take me (to the corner). PTI.

No Replacement for Displacement
GSXR1000
90 Supra Targa
My wife has 2 children, I have 1.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Zemon, yur a trip... Cool first post man, welcome to Supra Mania...

BTW: Dont race a bike from a dig, take the bike on top end... Most bikes slack off up top... I raced a gixxer from about 60mph, and by 90 I was catchin and passin him, that was when I was only 512hp... *low boost though, so i was really only at 475* Third gear pull @60mph was insane, I hit 100 in a bout 2 seconds it seems...

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
jake has a point, even the NEWEST Gixxer 6's can barely beat BPU+ mkiv's from a 50-60roll. and the new Gixxer 6's beat last years Liter bikes, on the strip and around road courses... but thats mainly because the 6's are better in the turns anyways. from a roll, 600's and 750's will go down to 400-500rwhp supras. older liter bikes also will go down too. yeah, from a dig, bikes can run 8's or 9's but on from a roll is where things start to even out.

from a dig, evo's and STi's are quick, but they arent fast by any means. from a roll, WRX's, STi's and Evo's all go down. they are not roll-racers by any means. and im only referring to roll racing because thats primarily what we do around here. other parts of the country handle things differently though. so most of you guys might be used to settling things on the strip, w/ dig runs. yes, the AWD cars will take down 400rwhp cars from a dig. however, its a whole nother story from a roll. :naughty: