400+whp 7M's

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i'd have to agree with Fluby on the streetability of a 1000hp supra i mean it doesn't make power until 4-5K so keep it below that and yur good

BTW just cause it makes 1000HP on a dyno doesn't mean they cant turn a knob and DD with only 600hp its called a boost controller

as for not many MKIII owners making 600 hp vs supra guys making 700-800 thats cause mkiv owners dont HAVE to build the motor to do that after 430-450 hp i would rebuild the 7M and thats money on top of down time. alot of people here drive their MKIII's daily and can't have the car down for months at a time or even a weekend.

im going to run the 7M until it dies then i'll be going 2J i've always loved the engine but i like the MKIII better than the IV.

my .02

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
"i'd have to agree with Fluby on the streetability of a 1000hp supra i mean it doesn't make power until 4-5K so keep it below that and yur good

BTW just cause it makes 1000HP on a dyno doesn't mean they cant turn a knob and DD with only 600hp its called a boost controller"

Well that sounds like a lot of fun.. Lets spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make 1000rwhp and not use it. Instead we will be riding around with a car that has less acceleration then most new v6 family sedans under 5K RPM's. All thanks to a watermellon sized turbo that makes hardly any power at low revs. Too bad we don't live in the land of all highways and no traffic lights or no cities for that matter.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Who drives like a nut from light to light anyway? My city has some good open roads and a LOT of highway but is not why I chose my set-up. It will have lag but so does all other turbos.

Duane

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
MRSUPRA said:
"i'd have to agree with Fluby on the streetability of a 1000hp supra i mean it doesn't make power until 4-5K so keep it below that and yur good

BTW just cause it makes 1000HP on a dyno doesn't mean they cant turn a knob and DD with only 600hp its called a boost controller"

Well that sounds like a lot of fun.. Lets spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make 1000rwhp and not use it. Instead we will be riding around with a car that has less acceleration then most new v6 family sedans under 5K RPM's. All thanks to a watermellon sized turbo that makes hardly any power at low revs. Too bad we don't live in the land of all highways and no traffic lights or no cities for that matter.
That sums it up for me!

Only time I turn the power down is on wet days so I build my car to run full power all the time and this is where it gets expensive trying to engineer out any and all weak links.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
Well I would like to say a couple things. First sorry but life had me for a while the supra is just sitting. No I have been in a 500 hp honda and yeah we were driving it on the street but its not right like the car feels like a drag car and on that very note a lone its not streetble. But I would like to see a 1000hp 7m in a mk3 body rolling down the street a couple times in a month. Just for bragging rights.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea i will have to change my name HAHAHAHHAHAHA

you can still use the power

i dunno about you but its only on saturday nights or at the track when i go balls to the wall so no i dont need 1000hp everyday of the week but when i DO need it its there.

like race someone and tell them "hey and that was on LOW boost" and then they feel shitty hahaha

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
actually, i have a 0rwhp car and it doesnt bother me. and that multicolor car is sold. i only have the black car in my sig... and its monochromatic brotha.

and some people want their car to last longer than one season if they spend $10k on a setup. that means turning down the boost and driving conservatively, if you want it to be more than a track car. most people who drop that much money on their cars have 2 maps, one for pump gas and one for race gas. that means turning down the boost to drive it on the street. anyone who builds a car for fun usually does this... not a full race-gas tune on a track-only car.

and ive never bothered to build a 400rwhp car. i played w/ minor upgrades for a while and had fun. but if im going to build a car, i beleive in the philosophy of "Go big or go home". im not going to spend $600 on an upgraded CT when i can get a big turbo for the same price, used of course. im not going to get an ebay fmic kit if i can get a used GReddy 3-row and make my own pipes. im not going to spend $800 on an RPS header if i can make an Ebay one work or build my own. im not about to compete w/ people funding 1000rwhp supras. these are the people who can drop $5000 in one sitting. i cant. ive got maybe half that in my WHOLE car as it sits now, minus the wheels. because, ive realized LONG ago, that there will ALWAYS be someone out there w/ deeper pockets. its not in my interest to compete with You, duane, ron or any of my other friends. like i said before, im doing this for myself and my leisure and as i wish. im using "blingy pimp" rims because i love the look of them. im usnig a "watermelon" sized turbo because i want the power and want to make the best of it. Innovation is the name of my game, not competition. im in it for the fun, not because i need to prove anything to you people who are already making the 400+rwhp who look down their nose at me.

im simply passing on what ive been told from the people who actually OWN and DRIVE these 1000rwhp cars. i have no reason to call them out nor do i have the personal experience in driving 1000rwhp cars to call BS on them. since i dont, neither do you. but if anyone has room to speak from, itd be me or anyone else who has been around these cars. dont be pissed off at me because i disagree with you. if you dont like what i say, tough shit... get over it. you dont have to be a prick about the whole thing, just say "well, i see where you are coming from and i respect your opinion, but i beleive this _____". its the fuckin internet man.

you dont have to like me, you dont have to agree with me, you dont even have to respect me... just dont be close minded or ignorant. the greatest downfall of any personality is close-mindedness and its not a color that looks good on you.

and if you cant admit that you are wrong about me being a photo-chopping poseur, then you have a problem. i showed you pics of those wheels on my car and you still cant admit you are wrong... instead, you just retain your smug attitude. i thought you were a good guy but apparently youre not that good.

regards
chris

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
For me 400rwhp is the point where traction becomes an issue on low profile street tires!

Up to there unless you do something stupid it's nail it and it hooks and goes, after 400 and you have to start driving around the issue!
(I make 450 @ 4200 on my last setup and at that point it breaks loose in the first 3 gears)

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Man, this is ridiculous.

For the record, living in a big city with bad traffic all day and all night, an upgraded ct is FAR more fun on the street than say, a gt42.(Tampa doesn't fit into this category by the way, which is maybe why you don't understand it)

Not everybody wants to rip open the block either, and throw in some $1000 rods, $700 pistons, then rip the head open, spend thousands on labor, then another $2000+ on retainers, oversized valves etc etc, cams...

Who gives a shit? Arguments like this are why the supra community is, on a whole, a big laugh at best. I'd rather show up to a Mustang meet than a Supra meet nowadays. :thumbsdow

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
IJ. said:
For me 400rwhp is the point where traction becomes an issue on low profile street tires!

Up to there unless you do something stupid it's nail it and it hooks and goes, after 400 and you have to start driving around the issue!
(I make 450 @ 4200 on my last setup and at that point it breaks loose in the first 3 gears)

Not even...I couldn't hook at all on the stock turbo @ 18-22psi until 3rd....It's the torque that doesn't allow traction and the CT puts alot of it out at low rpm

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
mc_h said:
Not even...I couldn't hook at all on the stock turbo @ 18-22psi until 3rd....It's the torque that doesn't allow traction and the CT puts alot of it out at low rpm

:eek:

18-22psi on a factory CT? :aigo: May I ask how long you ran your CT at 18-22psi? I struggle to see a completely rebuilt & fresh CT26 maintain over 20psi for even a few pulls.

Very interesting...

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Jspec7m88 said:
:eek:

18-22psi on a factory CT? :aigo: May I ask how long you ran your CT at 18-22psi? I struggle to see a completely rebuilt & fresh CT26 maintain over 20psi for even a few pulls.

Very interesting...

A few months...It died after some 29psi spikes(which also warped the head)
Was just an old beat up stock turbo