300 hp and 300 torque

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
You could have the engine de-stroked, with your choice of pistons/compression, drop the power steering, AC, mech fan, get a ATI crank damper, a big bad clutch/lightweight flywheel, have everything balanced together, and do some major head work. Flow-bench testing/CNC porting, the oversized valves you were talking about, major cams, individual throttle bodies, a correctly designed/made header, a MOTEC or similar ECU, someone who knows how to tune, turn 8 or 9K + rpms and probably make hell of a lot of horse power for a NA 7M, but your bank account wont like you.

Fact is, like most have been saying, the 7M is just not a desirable engine to keep NA. Personally I would love to build a NA 7M, just to see what I could squeeze out of it. The major thing holding me back is the cost associated with it. Its one of those, "if I had a million dollars" thing.

If you go through with it, more power to you!!!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
IJ, comon you gotta remember with that body kit he's putting on he'll be able to mount the air filter in the front bumper for a cold air intake, and with the Daul stainless steels exhausts and OBX race headers it will make over 9000 no problem! How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Over 9000 :)

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
swap the engine for a 350 chevy, cam, tune and intake/ex setup easy 300hp+ /300++ ftlb for way less than building an n/a 7m that wont reach your goals

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
300 lb/ft? Torque is a function of bore and stroke. Boost is just artificial displacement. You can't do it with 180 cid.

300 hp, maybe with extensive mods that work together and stand alone control.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
SC61 MK3;1655596 said:
lol 10k in parts for 300hp, go get a junkyard 7mgte and pay me the other 9k to shim the wastegate

ok it took me 18 or so junk yards around me to find the 87 thats sitting in my garage. lol ill just save up 1600 and get the one from supra store and buy the ecu and wire harness

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Devin LeBlanc;1655685 said:
IJ, comon you gotta remember with that body kit he's putting on he'll be able to mount the air filter in the front bumper for a cold air intake, and with the Daul stainless steels exhausts and OBX race headers it will make over 9000 no problem! How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Over 9000 :)

haha yep and yes me and my dad were going to run duel intakes. but with $$$ being the issue it seems im just going to be doing an almost stock rebuild for 4k bore over .040 and BC springs/retanors and maybe run a duel intake. but im still running duel stanless steal exhaust no matter what i do with her. btw sexy MKIII man!
hay could duel intakes support 550cc injectors?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

RockPaperSwoRD;1655687 said:
swap the engine for a 350 chevy, cam, tune and intake/ex setup easy 300hp+ /300++ ftlb for way less than building an n/a 7m that wont reach your goals

no thank you on a 350.... then she wouldnt be a supra!

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
SC61 MK3;1655722 said:
Might be easier to get close to 300hp out of a NA honda motor... lol just saying :)

why would i put a honda into a yoda????? come now.... that would make me sad to see a honda engine in a MKIII or to trade my supra for a honda....

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
550's are more than I need with the mods I have. You have to be able to tune it, dual exhaust wouldn't have anything to do with the injector size.

Like everybody says it takes a lot to get 300hp from an NA.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
zby67;1655719 said:
ok it took me 18 or so junk yards around me to find the 87 thats sitting in my garage. lol ill just save up 1600 and get the one from supra store and buy the ecu and wire harness

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

haha yep and yes me and my dad were going to run duel intakes. but with $$$ being the issue it seems im just going to be doing an almost stock rebuild for 4k bore over .040 and BC springs/retanors and maybe run a duel intake. but im still running duel stanless steal exhaust no matter what i do with her. btw sexy MKIII man!
hay could duel intakes support 550cc injectors?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

no thank you on a 350.... then she wouldnt be a supra!

Before you buy anything from SupraStore read up on their reputation in the past two years. You'd be better off saving up and buying a longblock on the forums.

Doug

Jan 13, 2011
Bulawayo
It's almost impossible to say what a motor will produce without actually putting it on a dyno. To get big numbers from a NA motor there are a few essentials, a well ported head, light rotating assembly, big cams and high rpm. but there will be no bottom end torque and the car will not be a very good every day driver, and the motor probably won't last too long.
I have a 89 mk3 with a 7M GE and altho alot of people will tell you that there is not much room for improvement in the cylinder head, I think they are wrong.
I am also keeping my motor NA and looking for as much as i can squeeze out of it. I am running a Dicktator EMS which solves the AFM problem when running big cams on a standard system. (lots of fiddling required)
I am going to port the cyl head, use big cams (280+degrees) large diameter exhaust, up rated valve springs, put it all together and see what it does.
I have seen a stroker kit for sale for the 7M GE which will push it to 3.4 litre, which would also help in the quest for power.
To answer your question, with 2nd stage cams and higher compression... maybe 240 something to 260? (just a guess)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Unless you're a masochist, you're not getting 300HP from a 7M-GE without some form of forced induction (keep in mind nitrous is a form of forced induction).

The reason the F20C makes the power it does is:
- Piston speeds higher than any production car.
- VTEC (yes people laugh, but it's basicly 2 cam profiles allowing the equivelant of a racing cam at higher RPM that wouldn't even idle)
- Modern engine design

That's only for HP as the higher you can spin the engine (without running out of flow or spitting parts everywhere) the more horsepower you'll make. You'll NEVER make 300 lbs/ft torque with a 3.0 NA motor.

Could you get 300HP out of a 7M-GE might be possible with rediculous amounts of money and enough mods. It would require race gas, not be streetable, and overall be an absolute POS that lost to an ebay modded GTE that took 1/10th the cost to build and keep running.

You say you don't want to go turbo because it causes issues, but you'll have MORE issues with a GE that's tuned to be that high strung.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Doug;1661135 said:
It's almost impossible to say what a motor will produce without actually putting it on a dyno. To get big numbers from a NA motor there are a few essentials, a well ported head, light rotating assembly, big cams and high rpm. but there will be no bottom end torque and the car will not be a very good every day driver, and the motor probably won't last too long.
I have a 89 mk3 with a 7M GE and altho alot of people will tell you that there is not much room for improvement in the cylinder head, I think they are wrong.
I am also keeping my motor NA and looking for as much as i can squeeze out of it. I am running a Dicktator EMS which solves the AFM problem when running big cams on a standard system. (lots of fiddling required)
I am going to port the cyl head, use big cams (280+degrees) large diameter exhaust, up rated valve springs, put it all together and see what it does.
I have seen a stroker kit for sale for the 7M GE which will push it to 3.4 litre, which would also help in the quest for power.
To answer your question, with 2nd stage cams and higher compression... maybe 240 something to 260? (just a guess)

Have most of that and a few more things, still not at that 300hp level. Some like me, have done most every thing you can do to a GE, only to see what you can get. I'm a stubborn old fart though, bought mine in 88 an NA, probably will stay that way although I've been toying with making it NA/T. Also mocking up a twin TB setup, see it that will add a few HP, and will be happy to get another 20-30. After that, that's about all I can think of to do to my GE other than a better port job.

Poodles is right, alot more power can be had going turbo for less cost.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
IJ.;1661382 said:
"Waste of Time and Money" ;)

Duh... I guess over the years I've wasted my share on a variety of "things", I'd guess you have too IJ, but I guess "what ever floats your boat".

These threads on getting 300 plus hp out of an NA keep popping up though, I guess they always will.