300 hp and 300 torque

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
im sure this has been posted everyware but iv been trying to figure out why no one will tell me. as the title of this thread says im after 300 hp and 300 torque. i would like to stay away from turbo till i find the 1990 i want. ok here are my plans with the 87 supra i have.

brian crower stage 2 cams
1mm over sized valves
crower valve springs/retainers
550cc injectors with lexus afm
custom oil pump to flow more oil
custom 8 qrt oil pan
E3 spark plugs with NGK spark plug wires
144amp alternator
HKS twin ignition with a push start system
high compression pistons im after 12:1 ratio bored over .040 (or just bored over .040)
plasma alloy rings
im planing on shaving the block ten thousands for a resurface and a MHG
im getting ride of the stock fan and putting twin Flex-a-lite electric fans
and with the body kit im potting on her i can put the intake in the front behind the bumper to make it smiler to a ram intake.
also ill be running duel stainless steal exhaust with OBX racing headers
i also plan on doing an advance timing on her with adjustable cam gears

now with all this what would i be at? no one would even give me a ball park of ware i would be at. also if say with a mustangs v6 if you bore over you get some good gains. now why is it "nay impossible" to get to 300 hp with a GE??? iv been bashed and made fun of for trying to get ware i want in my N/A. so im after proving everyone wrong that i can hit the 300 mark with out nos or making her a Na-T. if i can get close to 300 ill be happy like 295 or 290 hp

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
gennro;1655466 said:

why im staying N/A because iv owned a 86.5 N/A for 6-7 yrs and love it to death. i dont want to go turbo because of the problems that could go wrong. secondly when people tell me i can't do something i usualy like to prove them wrong. and thats pritty much what im trying to do with the 87 thats sitting in my garage lol. ^^7 that and it took me around 18 or so junk yard to find another supra. and both that i have are N/A's so instead of buying a GTE rebuilding it with everything i want to put on the GE mines the high compression pistons i figured i would put it all on the GE and add high compression pistons and see ware i landed.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the lex afm mod donesnt work with the non turbo wireing harness. the lex is a 5 plug afm, where yours is the 7 plug flapper door style. it can be done but its not cost effective to build a n/a.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
bioskyline;1655470 said:
the lex afm mod donesnt work with the non turbo wireing harness. the lex is a 5 plug afm, where yours is the 7 plug flapper door style. it can be done but its not cost effective to build a n/a.

no ones told me that the lex had a 5 plug. iv read and talked to some people and it all said its an easy switch out. as for cost effective i dont think so seeing as buy a GTE adds another 2k to my bill that i have planned.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
bioskyline;1655474 said:
it is for the turbos,

ok, so the ge has a 7 pin blug. got a pic of the lexus afm? and can you use the GTE's wireing harness with out a turbo?

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Lexua AFM will not work with the NA ECU, different signal.......
550cc injectors are way too big for a NA 3 liter.
Don't need a custom oil pump, just use a turbo oil pump, it's bigger.
144 amp alternator won't make more HP.
Advancing cams won't make more power, just set them to the cam manufacture's specs,
they have a dyno, you don't.
Your not going to get close to 300 hp with the stock rev limit, a NA wants to sing a little.
Look at the serious NA 4-cylinders, they will turn 12,000 to 14,000 rpm.
That engine speed is not possible with a 7M, but trying to make that power and staying below 7000 is a lost cause.

I suggest you do a little more reading on what it takes to build a NA 4-valve engine,
and how things work on the 7M, such as how & why the the electronics are what they are.
Otherwise we all will have to read about your part-out,
or your one jay zee swap,
or like hundreds of other failed attempts by someone to modify something they didn't understand.

Good place to start is ANY performance engine building book.
Learn the basics.
Second is to go over on Motor IQ, they have excellent (for the most part) engine build write-ups.
Third, do a search on what other people on this forum have done on NA 7Ms,
not that they were all correct, but you will get a better idea what your dealing with.
If you go blindly throwing on crap parts, and think you will end up with anymore than head ackes, your mistaken.
The 7M can be one of the most difficult engine builds that you can attempt, partly because of it's very old design.
So if you have never built a performance engine from the ground up before, you might consider not wasting your time & money, and just save up for a turbo conversion.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
CT26smoker;1655476 said:
Advancing cams won't make more power, just set them to the cam manufacture's specs,
Your not going to get close to 300 hp with the stock rev limit, a NA wants to sing a little.
That engine speed is not possible with a 7M, but trying to make that power and staying below 7000 is a lost cause.

I suggest you do a little more reading on what it takes to build a NA 4-valve engine,
and how things work on the 7M, such as how & why the the electronics are what they are.
or like hundreds of other failed attempts by someone to modify something they didn't understand.

Learn the basics.
Second is to go over on Motor IQ, they have excellent (for the most part) engine build write-ups.
not that they were all correct, but you will get a better idea what your dealing with.
If you go blindly throwing on crap parts, and think you will end up with anymore than head ackes, your mistaken.
The 7M can be one of the most difficult engine builds that you can attempt, partly because of it's very old design.
So if you have never built a performance engine from the ground up before, you might consider not wasting your time & money, and just save up for a turbo conversion.
will do. and yes this is my first proformance/engine rebuild iv ever done so with that im already over my head. and i wasnt planing on putting any mobs on the car and hope it works. and as for headacks i already know about them with the problems iv ran into over the past 6 yrs. and im always flipping through forums and reading on swaps and mods, also i wouldnt be posting about a fail attempet only if it succeeds. as for my part out probly not if i do a swap ill just rebuild the GE i have and put it into my daily driver. and the custom oil pump i was talking about is a moded GTE oil pump http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-driftmotion7m-gteupgradedoilpump.php and since the lexus afm wont work with the N/A harness is it possible to use a GTE's but not use the turbo? and why are 550cc injectors to big for the GE? also i dont see how using the crower stage 2 cams wont help with hp gain.

Last edited:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
no the lexus and the gte air sensors are the same 5 wire plug, just the lexus is 25% bigger than the stock gte one, which is why its an upgrade for the turbos, your only option is to go with the maft translator or maft pro and use a gm mass air sensor

heres one page i found http://www.toysport.com/technical information/7m_tech_notes.htm

also remember that the 7m was limited to only 2 vehicals, the supra and the cressida (in north america anyways) and so it a bit more rare than most. the perfromance version was the turbo, so most aftermarket parts were aimed at this model, so finding 7m na parts is very limited.

Last edited:

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
CT26smoker;1655476 said:

Learn the basics.
couldn't have said it better myself...

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
bioskyline;1655483 said:
no the lexus and the gte air sensors are the same 5 wire plug, just the lexus is 25% bigger than the stock gte one, which is why its an upgrade for the turbos, your only option is to go with the maft translator or maft pro and use a gm mass air sensor

heres one page i found http://www.toysport.com/technical information/7m_tech_notes.htm

also remember that the 7m was limited to only 2 vehicals, the supra and the cressida (in north america anyways) and so it a bit more rare than most. the perfromance version was the turbo, so most aftermarket parts were aimed at this model, so finding 7m na parts is very limited.

well i know the car is rare thats the second reason why i love them so much. but yeah iv noticed that all performance parts are aimed towards the GTE

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
gennro;1655518 said:
I remember reading about a 250hp - 275hp 7M-GE a few years ago. It cost the guy about 8,000 dollars to reach that point.

with everthing i wanted to drop into my GE my total was 10,794 in parts alone thats with out getting the block hot tanked, magnafluxed, bored, resurfaced, and checked for line bore. and having the head hot tanked, P&P and 1mm over sized valves put in. or body and interior work

Last edited:

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
lol 10k in parts for 300hp, go get a junkyard 7mgte and pay me the other 9k to shim the wastegate

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
I have seen a 7m NA stroked to 3.3 or something like that somewhere on the forums. The guy had high compression pistons and some other performance parts. The guy was dissapointed because he made 250 and he added a 50hp-70hp Nos shot. You will have mod it to rev past 8k, and we both know that the 7m has long stroke. The Lexus v8 engine will provide you that kinda power maybe more if you build it right.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?86555-Discussion-on-the-potential-of-the-7MGE/page2
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?86555-Discussion-on-the-potential-of-the-7MGE/page3

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
zby67;1655469 said:
i dont want to go turbo because of the problems that could go wrong.

You're going to have a lot more problems if you do everything you just said to your NA.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The reason that most modding performance parts are aimed at the GTE is because of bang for buck and the foundation is already much more there already to make power rather than starting from a further back point. It just makes sense. For real power these motors are built to make use of force induction. I'm sure that there are motors on other platforms built to make power in NA form. But they will not be a MKIII.