300 hp and 300 torque

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
suprarx7nut;1667727 said:
To the OP:

You're fighting a pointless battle with this whole thing. If you love your NA 7M, rebuild to just be a clean STOCK motor. Save your time, effort and money for a 7MGTE or a 2jZ or even a 1JZ. I am good friends with CRE. He built one of the best budget/high power NA 7M's I've seen. He pioneered the use of MAFT-Pro with a 7MGE. With a shitload of knowledge and tuning ability, he was making more than stock power, but just barely. With my BONE stock GTE, limited tuning knowledge, I'm pretty positive I make more power.

If you ask people that have pursued the 7MGE high power build, I'm sure nearly every last one would say it was a terrible idea. CRE has told me it was basically a foolish endeavor. His time/money and energy could have gotten him a super responsive, super clean turbo build.

Build it basic, clean and stock. Save your time and money and effort for a cause worth the labor. You can get great power out of a 7MGTE or 2JZ for what you had budgeted for your 7MGE build that would struggle to yield 275hp. With 10 grand and a 7MGTE or 2JZ you can easily make 450hp...

Terrible idea...I don't think it was a terrible idea. Just wanting to see what kind of power could be had from a GE.

I agree with you on several points though, you can get more bang for your buck going turbo hands down. I have maybe $5k in my motor, that should tell some of you guys wanting to build your GE up to 300 hp, and I'm at about 240. Like SupraRX7nut said 275 would be a struggle.

Be realistic about what kind of goals you set for your NA.

SupraRX7nut, have you talked to CRE lately? Have him give me a call when he gets a chance, Thanks.

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
these motors arent made for na power. theyre decent dont get me wrong. im sure somebody already said this but i didnt read the whole thread. you wont make it passed 240 or 250 without porting that head. but stock is fine. All i have on my 7mge auto is intake and exhaust and i beat a riced out prelude just the other day. nobody gives the 7mge credit anymore for doing what it does :( and what it does is its job of moving 3700 pounds to 60mph in the low 7s. best mod for this car? shave that weight off.

MA70BRAIN

Feb 22, 2011
California
I hate how underrated 7M-GE's are just because its an NA motor. I am also planning on doing my 7M-GE build in the near future. Sure it doesn't have much aftermarket support like 7M turbos and JZ motors but with a fully built 7M-GE, i don't see why 300+ hp isn't achievable. And if I can build an NA motor in my MK3 to make as much power as a STOCK 2JZ-GTE, then that would be something truly amazing. Why would I want to go through the trouble of Building a 7M-GE? To be different and because it would be interesting to see what the engine is capable without forced induction. But if your serious about high performance track racing or drag racing, building a turbo motor would be the best option.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
This talk about 300hp is ludicrous. I met a guy that has the genuine mark 2 race car from Bathurst 1000 Australia and its n/a. It was built by a extremely well funded race team with everything custom.The engine can only last a couple of thousand klms between builds and you know how much power it makes? less than 300hp(around 280). So all i can say is good luck.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
To get that kind of power out of an NA you have to rev the piss out of it. Because of the long stroke, you'll be reaching insane piston speeds that aren't sustainable.

NA has one thing over turbo, and that's response.