3 knock sensors wtf?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
sparkplug619;1441686 said:
lol. Well problem solved, I rewired both connectors, plugged one to the k/s closest to the alt. and plugged the other closest to the starter... without removing the alt or starter like most people say must be done! Too bad I cant test it until I find my damn keys
That's because on late style blocks the KS boss is further forward, thus not requiring the starter to be loosened. (and for early blocks, you just have to loosen it, not remove it;))
modmonster2008;1441780 said:
theres two knock sensors on my n/a... mines an 88 btw..
Not from the factory, there isn't.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
on an earlier style block when i used Shaeff's re-wire kit. all i had to do was simply unplugg the old ones and plug in the new ones.. the one close to the starter was a little tight but i got it in there fine.. Btw your kit is GREAT i recommend it to anyone who may need it :) lol

before that i had to change the actual ks.. and for that i had to removed the starter cuz my 27mm socket wouldnt fit

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Kevin;1443308 said:
oh also i found a thread with a pic of the Knock sensors on the block...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109734
its the first pic in first post..
you can see the two porper knock sensors and you can see wheere people might think there is supposed to be one

thanks alot, I accidentally added a knock sensor where the yellow circle on the top is at, dumb me. Lesson learned, knock sensors rewired, code 52 still exists, now I need to figure out which is bad.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
sparkplug619;1443324 said:
thanks alot, I accidentally added a knock sensor where the yellow circle on the top is at, dumb me. Lesson learned, knock sensors rewired, code 52 still exists, now I need to figure out which is bad.

buy one good KS from a member here for cheap.. replace your front one (the easiest one to get to..) code goes away then you are done :)... if code doesnt go away... then switch it out with the rear KS.. Code should go away now.. unless the seller ripped u off lol GL

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
Code 52 came up again today, I felt my hand under there and noticed one of them wasnt even plugged in. I thought to myself, I know Im not dumb enough to rewire it and forget to plug it in, So I tried plugging it in a few times and wondered why it wouldnt fit, I pulled the wire up and noticed the whole plug for the knock sensor was broken off.... well now I know which one needs replacing