3.0 GT Turbo S from Malaysia

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
p681732_1.jpg

What are those three buttons on the cover plate for (the two black ones and the red one)?

My auto tranny only has one button there.

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Kristian_Wraae said:
p681864_1.jpg

What are those three buttons on the cover plate for (the two black ones and the red one)?

My auto tranny only has one button there.

Red Button : To shift any selection gear when engine OFF

Power Button : More powah! :evil2:

Manu Button : Manually select gear when driving

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Very nice Supra! Love the colour.

Could I ask why your redline appears to be at 6100-6200rpm???

Is it a thing thats specific to Auto's?

my GT Limited Supra with the digital dash has redline at 6500rpm, and i'm actually making peak power at 6300rpm according to last dyno. My Supra's not stock but not heavily modified just some BPU's.

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
vas85 said:

my GT Limited Supra with the digital dash has redline at 6500rpm, and i'm actually making peak power at 6300rpm according to last dyno. My Supra's not stock but not heavily modified just some BPU's.

Not sure why but I don't think ALL Auto's (model) tachometer shared the same redline. Different models comes with different specs. I managed to get this 300km/h speedo (Auto) and the rpm redline starts at 7000 rpm. Since the gauge battery & O/D indicator is at the different place from mine, I just swap the speedometer only. :icon_conf

p682486_1.jpg

There are tachometer which has 9000 redline rpm and this model is GA70 which came with 1G-GTE twin turbo (manual). I have seen this from 2 of my friends and I wished I have the pic now so that I can share with you guys.. Let me know if you need one so that i can snap some pic for viewing.

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
JB91389 said:
i like how your speedo goes up to 300km/h

It was cool to have this 300km/h speedo but it will be totaly awesome if could have this 320km/h speedo.. Well money was my concern at that time.. {sigh}

p686691_1.jpg

p686691_2.jpg

Has anyone seen 330km/h or 340km/h speedo? Does it exist?

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
drjonez said:
i know blitz made one....though i can't remember how high it went....

Yes, Blitz made one but the speedo I saw is only 300km/h and i never saw Blitz came with 320km/h or 340km/h. My friend claimed that he saw a 340km/h speedo but he can't remember from where and which company produced.

I've tried searching from the internet but can't find speedo with 340km/h for Supra MK3.. hmm.. not sure whether it exist or not.

Blitz 300km/h
p689454_1.jpg

p689454_2.jpg

320km/h speedo
p689454_3.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
vas85 said:

MA70's made after 08/89 have a 6250rpm redline, earlier cars have the 6500rpm. That is when the crank was changed to the fully-counterbalanced but heavier crank.

I'm sure I have the part number for a stock 300km/h speedo somewhere in my catalogs, if one exists, but it only lists them for application, so I would need specific information about what country and model came with them in order to figure out what got them. Might only be RHD though.

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
Jeff Lange said:
MA70's made after 08/89 have a 6250rpm redline, earlier cars have the 6500rpm. That is when the crank was changed to the fully-counterbalanced but heavier crank.

I'm sure I have the part number for a stock 300km/h speedo somewhere in my catalogs, if one exists, but it only lists them for application, so I would need specific information about what country and model came with them in order to figure out what got them. Might only be RHD though.

Jeff, after looking at my 300km/h cluster assembley, I think I have found the part numbers. Just to share with you this cluster assembley which I bought was from Yahoo! Japan Auction and its is for RHD, AUTO, origin from Japan. FYI, I don't have any other information apart from this.
Based from the gauge line up on Battery & Turbo gauge, i'm sure this must be from JZA70 model but can't confirm from which specs. :1zhelp:

Would appreciate if you can confirm this from your catalog coz our SM Members are very keen to get hold on this speedo. :love:

Hope to hear from you soon.

p690375_1.jpg

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
Daeng, Nice car! In what part of Malaysia are you living? By your licence plate number I'm guessing KL or Ipoh? I have a Condo in KL and also spend a lot of time in Penang (actually live in Florida). I've never seen an MKIII in Malaysia before only a few MKIV's. I always thought the MKIII was not sold in Malaysia. Even my friends who live there and have come to America and seen mine, had never seen this model so I'm suprised to see this. It must be very hard for you to find parts locally.

zdaeng

KL
Oct 5, 2006
Malaysia
zoppii said:
Daeng, Nice car! In what part of Malaysia are you living? By your licence plate number I'm guessing KL or Ipoh? I have a Condo in KL and also spend a lot of time in Penang (actually live in Florida). I've never seen an MKIII in Malaysia before only a few MKIV's. I always thought the MKIII was not sold in Malaysia. Even my friends who live there and have come to America and seen mine, had never seen this model so I'm suprised to see this. It must be very hard for you to find parts locally.

Zoppii, I'm living in Shah Alam and it's 30mins driving to Kuala Lumpur. Based from my car plate number, yes this car is a KL reg number.

I agreed with you that this car is very rare compare to MK2 & MK4 Supra. With a population of 26M in Malaysia, i have seen 4 Supra MK3 but was told that there are ONLY 30++ exist here! FYI, one of the Supra owner is my friend.

My friend GA70 with stock 1G-GTE (upgraded to 1JZ-GTE :evil2:)
p693714_1.jpg

p693714_2.jpg

p693714_3.jpg

For car parts should not be a problem especially with the engine parts coz here there are many chop shops with many JZA70 Supra MK3 half cuts.
My only main concern is to get some interior parts as mine will not match with the JZA70 which has grey interior.