2ur-fse

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Quite an expensive swap with no aftermarket support. Be much cheaper in about 10-15 years when there being replaced with a newer v8.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
and they're very hard to find lol, i was just thinking the direct injection would be cool, and they have the option for hybrid drive lol, a 500 hp hybrid supra?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I don't think some understand just how expensive that motor truly is.. Orido's putting one in an 86, but he not only has hook-ups, he is a factory Toyota/TRD driver.

Partial engine assembly from Toyota is 23k.. just imagine the 1LR-GUE LF-A motor.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Chambers;1818421 said:
I think its to wide for the MKIII chassis anyway, the 1UZ-FE barely fits and the 2UR-FSE looks bigger/wider.

Dylan JZ;1818415 said:
Orido's putting one in an 86

^ modded out for sure, but still.. a mk3 would likely need a lot less work than a subcompact.

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Well I have had no such luck even finding a 2UR, the search continues. And for the moment I'm debating on purchasing a 1975 toyota corolla te31 so my 7m will have a home after the mk3 gets the new powerplant

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
bmw has a similar design with on of their 6L engines. outer block is magnesium and the cylinder walls were iron??? i remember seeing it on "how its made" and thinking the same thing

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Lately, if there's a way to scream unoriginal and uninspiring, it's by putting an LSx in an import. I'm so sick of it at this point.. they're great motors, but when the majority of v8s I see in imports are from GM, especially in Toyotas and Nissans (VH/VK/UZ available and worthy), I've come to the realization that it's no longer about the art of modification but more about doing what everyone else does because it's cheaper/easier. I guess it's good in a way though because eventually having anything else will be an amazing feat/novelty.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
1) I was just pointing out that if you have the goal of "V8 mk3" there are more than two options
2) There are countless ways to personalise a LSx swap
3) I'm not into people's JZ swaps, swapping a 3-L 550-pound engine for a 3-L 550-pound engine, but I know they did it because it was a cheap/easy way to acheive the results that they wanted and it made them happy
4) I'm not gonna suggest Ford because they're either iron-block or DOHC
and 5)
A. Jay;1810296 said:
What's this noise I'm hearing lately about putting extra effort into something JUST to make it different?

unique.jpg

What other people have is not a factor in what pleases me.

I know this isn't about brand-loyalty, since the Toyota that built the Supra isn't the same Toyota that built the 2UR-FSE. Btw if I had that kind of money I'd swap an all-aluminium BMW M3 I-6. Just letting you know I'm not an LS-nut.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
A. Jay;1822660 said:
1) I was just pointing out that if you have the goal of "V8 mk3" there are more than two options
2) There are countless ways to personalise a LSx swap
3) I'm not into people's JZ swaps, swapping a 3-L 550-pound engine for a 3-L 550-pound engine, but I know they did it because it was a cheap/easy way to acheive the results that they wanted and it made them happy
4) I'm not gonna suggest Ford because they're either iron-block or DOHC
and 5)

I know this isn't about brand-loyalty, since the Toyota that built the Supra isn't the same Toyota that built the 2UR-FSE. Btw if I had that kind of money I'd swap an all-aluminium BMW M3 I-6. Just letting you know I'm not an LS-nut.

I don't feel that anything you could do to an LSx would offset the bandwagon riding that has occurred, but of course this is only an opinion, and thankfully we are entitled to them. I enjoy v8s, both foreign and domestic, I just don't enjoy seeing the same damn thing all the time. what fun is that? outside the LS microcosm, what is innovative about it?

I would also never argue that an I-6 is better than a V8 or vice-versa; it's all about the intended use and so forth. Oh and I agree on the BMW thing, I've been saying Toyota should make a 3.5L aluminum block I6 as a follow up to the 2JZ.

None of the latter was a personal jab at you though, I just felt the need to speak my mind after reading the latest replies. Apologies if it came off differently.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Dylan JZ;1822663 said:
(...)None of the latter was a personal jab at you though, I just felt the need to speak my mind after reading the latest replies. Apologies if it came off differently.

You didn't come off that way, no worries. I felt exactly the same and I, too, apologize for the same reason.

Dylan JZ;1822663 said:
(...) I agree on the BMW thing, I've been saying Toyota should make a 3.5L aluminum block I6 as a follow up to the 2JZ

That, would be sweet :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What about LSx swaps into Miatas? Does that ruffle any feathers? I figure Mazda doesn't make v8's, so...