2ur-fse

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
The 2UR-GSE is one sweet engine but the thought of haveing to wire that thing up and get it running on stand alone makes me cringe. Maby in a few years once they have a mega squirt 4 or 5 out things will be diffrent. I would love to see what I could do with that engine and the 4.0L twin screw wipple. ; )

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
Ford makes a nice all aluminum 4valve modular engine, but verrrrrry expensive, and to my knowlege chevrolet has only atempted a modular v8 one time - 1991 ZR-1 corvette very very hard to find parts for tht particular engine. Dylan i just now read your signature and lmao, i shift my NA at 6500 lol god must throw a lot of stars toward earth when i drive my car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
89niner;1825127 said:
Ford makes a nice all aluminum 4valve modular engine, but verrrrrry expensive, and to my knowlege chevrolet has only atempted a modular v8 one time - 1991 ZR-1 corvette very very hard to find parts for tht particular engine. Dylan i just now read your signature and lmao, i shift my NA at 6500 lol god must throw a lot of stars toward earth when i drive my car.
Ford's new Coyote 5.0 is actually quite reasonably priced at about $6000-7000 new. Granted, you probably need a few things on top of that to get it to run, I believe that's just for the longblock, no management or accessories.

As for GM, they've done the ZR-1's LT5, or more appropriately, a marine V8 builder did it... GM also did the 4.0l engine found in the Aurora. Nice engine that...