2JZGTE MKIII Swap Info

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
MY instructional to routing a jdm supra or aristo 2jz-gte engine harness..

routing the engine harness.. was a bitch when using a JDM supra engine harness because its 18inches shorter.. so you can either lengthen it or.. cut a new hole and reroute it.. i chose rerouting, but it was a huge pain in the ass lol

in through the hole.. right behind the fuel rail (driver side. 1inch below and to the right of the throttle body cable
p1775743_1.jpg

slide past the pedal linkage..
p1775743_2.jpg

up and under the defrost vent
p1775743_3.jpg

then finally droping down in stock location.. althought the AEM EMS does not fit since its much larger.. fuu
p1775743_4.jpg

p1775743_5.jpg

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
alright guys i tried dropping in my 2jz and had fitment issues, first i didnt hammer out the firewall as im not sure exactly where i have to hammer it out any pics would help i went through this whole thread and only saw 2 pics which didnt help much. Also my driftmotion brackets did not work because i was trying to use the stock oem location, as someone said in a previous post u have to use the holes for the fuel damp then it will work.

So if someone could help me out by posting pics or linking someones thread about making the engine fit, that would be much appreciated.

This is a rear sump jdm supra 2jz, with usdm twins if that helps.

kneedragger85;1679389 said:
I am 99% finished with the swap and I've come across a few items that no one else has ever mentioned before;

2) You definitely need to hammer your firewall to help you drop the engine in due to the intake portion of the rear twin. On top of hammering the firewall, you need to drop your ABS lines as low as possible by removing all the mounting tabs.

3) If using the BIC brackets, they are way too thin to use with the stock engine bracket bolts. You'll need to find some 20mm length bolts to use with those brackets. I ended up using the auto flexplate bolts which fit perfectly with washers I had laying around. You also use the rear most bolt holes on both sides. The intake side requires unbolting the fuel pressure dampener and using it's bolts for the bracket.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I figured it's worth mentioning to those of you who are not expecting it like I did.

Lol i was freaking out when the brackets didnt work then i called aaron at driftmotion and he told me about using the fuel damp bolts for the bracket, do u have any more pics of the hammering of the firewall?

Last edited:

cklynboyz

Building A Beast!
Feb 24, 2012
Brooklyn
Hey guys!
I am planning on dropping a 2JZ into my 92 MK3.
Just wanted to find out what sump pan do I need?
Any other info would be appreciated.

Thx in advance!

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I ran into a little problem with my 2jz swap and didn't see it covered on here.
The upper oil pan when doing a 2jzgte swap in my 89 MK3 I noticed there is a flange with 2 oil lines going to it.
I went to swap the old one off the Front sump pan and noticed the housing/flange didn't line up and that the 2 lines that go to it must me differant as well.
If any one knows?,.... What is the flange part # and the part # for the two lines?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
AE86BLISS;1870370 said:
I ran into a little problem with my 2jz swap and didn't see it covered on here.
The upper oil pan when doing a 2jzgte swap in my 89 MK3 I noticed there is a flange with 2 oil lines going to it.
I went to swap the old one off the Front sump pan and noticed the housing/flange didn't line up and that the 2 lines that go to it must me differant as well.
If any one knows?,.... What is the flange part # and the part # for the two lines?

where are these located? the only oil lines i remember are the oil pickup tube and the oil drain and dipstick
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/tlo86temp/IMG_1120.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/tlo86temp/IMG_1119.jpg

i do think you mean the dipstick and the dummy sensor, you leave the dummy sensor and well you make the dipstick work ;)

Last edited:

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
tlo86;1870550 said:
where are these located? the only oil lines i remember are the oil pickup tube and the oil drain and dipstick
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/tlo86temp/IMG_1120.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/tlo86temp/IMG_1119.jpg

i do think you mean the dipstick and the dummy sensor, you leave the dummy sensor and well you make the dipstick work ;)

In your second pic you can see the hole where it mounts up. its on the passanger side. In your pic with your rear sump next to your engine its right there in the pic next to your throttle body. I'll try and take some pic's.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
Its the oil return line flange for the turbo's. Sorry for having a brain fart and not knowing what the name was. Does any one know the part # for the flang and the 2 turbo oil return lines?
This should also be added to the swap notes for others so they don't run into this problem like I did.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I also wanted to know what did most of you do for coolent lines to and from the fire wall?
Kinda looking for Ideas and resorces don't know if maybe this may help others with there swaps.

Last edited:

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
Ok. What about the water temp sensor in a MK3 swapped with 2jz-gte vvti ? I have the 2 wire sensor that go's to the ecu, but I do not have the one pin sensor for the water temp gauge in the car. Any one have a part number for the right sensor? My coolent water neck has a bung for the sensor next two the two wire temp sensor for the ecu.