2jzge-T swap notes and pricelists

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
RPSil13;1060953 said:
sorry if this is a stupid question, but would it matter what 2jzge you use, i.e. JDM, USDM GS, USDM SC etc, because it seems like the wiring diagrams on supra.nl are for the jdm 2jz, but wouldnt it be easier to use a 2j from a usdm car, that way the ecu is already on the pass side, any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Art

Most guys use the 2JZGE (USDM), and run it off the 7M wiring harness. The appeal of this is:

No distributor
No behind-dash wiring
runs 7M sensors
Coil packs
Can use 7M piggybacks etc.

The main pros of using a supra/Sc300 2JZGE are the mid sump oil pan.

There are some people using the 2JZGE harness/ECU that I've been in contact with, but I'm sorry, I have no further information on it.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
To add a little bit of back-up information to this:

1) It does not matter which 2jzge you use (jdm, usdm gs, usdm sc...). I have a GS block and head, and an SC upper and lower oil pan. Then the valve covers are SC as well, iirc. They sit higher than the GS ones by a quarter of an inch or so.

2) Most of the vacuum system can be completely blocked/deleted from what I am seeing. The only uses seem to be for boost connections, oil catch cans, and a few other things (2jzge specific - the butterfly plate in the intake plenum that closes with more vacuum pressure. I am leaving this open as some have mentioned they see a bit more torque in the low end, but it really doesn't seem to matter to me. I may test it out one day and see...), but most of the entire nasty mess can be cleaned up for nicer looks

3) The wiring comes down to maybe 6 or so points that matter, the rest seems to be useless and I just zip tie it into the harness's new split loom to make it all look cleaner, but still keep that capability to go back.

I have borrowed a digital camera so I will be getting some really good pictures and doing a better job of writing up the final pieces in my build thread in a day or two. And then hopefully add a first start video before the weekend!

mk3patron

Jan 6, 2007
cf,RI
I recently bought a 88 hardtop turbo supra. this is my 2nd supra and I cant wait to see what comes out of it. this car almost has 200k miles on it and I want to swap that old 7m motor out. I've been reading the forums and i've decided the 2jzge swap is the best choice for me according to my budget. I wont be able to afford the turbo kit soon so I just want to swap in the n/a for now. NOW FOR MY QUESTION. Would I have to swap 7mge electronics or can i still use the 7mgte electronics? SRRY IF I'M BEING A NOOB AND IF THIS WAS COVERED ALREADY.

THANKS RUBEN

mk3patron

Jan 6, 2007
cf,RI
ok I will definitly be looking forward to this swap. Im gonna stack up money and hopefully I can start the swap sometime in may or june. thanks for your help.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
i have noticed that alot of the 2j na->t's out there use the stock intake manifold. would it be worth it to use a turbo FFIM?

also being that i would be going from 1j to 2j, i dont have any of the 7m sensors and electronics left...so am i going to have problems with wiring using all 2j sensors and wiring?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
The 2jzgte intake manifold doesn't bolt to the ge head, few people have used custom FFIMs though. I'm not sure you can run a 2jzge off 1jz electronics, your best bet would probably be a 1.5jz (1j head on a 2j bottom end).

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Do everyone a favor... make sure you have the funds and a stable job! I'm having to switch back to 7m by trading someone my 2jz. I was laid off and cannot finish the swap. I'm so frustrated and feel like a failure, but at least I'll have my car back and running and making the power I wanted... :love: I cannot afford to finish the swap nor do I have the time to let it sit, so forcefedsupra and soundslikesemi87 are helping me put a nice 7m back in it. I don't know what I'd do without friends like them :icon_bigg

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
That sucks man, I've had my pay cut (and it looks like I will again in the coming months) but I'm thankful to still have a job. Good friends will get you through anything, glad you're getting your Supra back on the road at least!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
That's what I'm saying lol And at least I don't have to sell the car. I'll still be in the power range I want, just not 2jz. But I will get to still work on and be around that motor too. Stuff happens and sometimes you have to play the card you're dealt and put a dream on the back-burner. At least now it wont take me 8 months if I want to do another 2jz swap, I now know everything that I had to learn previously lol

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Damn, looks like the forum update screwed up the links :( Guess I'll start working on rebuilding them when I have some free time. Here's a post that talks a little about the oval plug, I'll see if I can dig up the wiring diagrams for the SC also:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-87T&p=531262&highlight=alternator#post531262

Edit-had a few mins before my next meeting, I mean during lunch :) Fixed the links up top, also skimmed through my 95 Supra wiring manual, here's the Alt wiring, not sure if the colors will match up with yours but it's a starting point:
altwiring.jpg

altwiring2.jpg

7M wire colors/plug layout (from '89 wiring manual):
7maltwiring.jpg

7maltplug.jpg

Last edited: