2JZGE MKIII with 7MGTE Wiring and Electronics

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I've done a couple of other 2JZ swaps, but am very interested in the N/A swap. I have a 90, which I am pulling the 2JZ-GTE from and am going to use it in my inbound 1991.

Once we swapt the TT into the wife's 94 N/A, we may want to drop that N/A into the 90 shell. Keeping close tabs on your progress and am hoping it's not as much of a pain as my other swaps.

My brother just bought an 87 N/A and this may be a good swap for him to eventually do (he's not looking at going turbo).

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
I'm doing a na-t, but i think a na engine alone will be great because it has about the same power a stock 7mgte, I'm going to try to keep the high compression of the engine for now and see were it takes me if i run into problems I will drop compression. I really want to try to do high compression engine. This is one big learning experience.:icon_bigg

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
Jaguar said:
nothing special but its progress
p672383_1.jpg

p672383_2.jpg

p672383_3.jpg

I'm so happy, just need the turbo oil lines now :aigo: :aigo: :aigo:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Looks awesome, are you going to run the 7M coils? I'd recommed the IS300 coils. For the money they're worth not having to find a place to put the 7M coils.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
hottscennessey said:
Looks awesome, are you going to run the 7M coils? I'd recommed the IS300 coils. For the money they're worth not having to find a place to put the 7M coils.

hmm..I'll have to look into that, planned on 7m coils for now, Time is really my limiting factor right now with school starting wednesday and working on the weekends and after school, But I don't want to rush the project and screw something up. I plan to have it running in a month or so.

Last edited:

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
I think the 7M coils would just barely fit at the back of the motor by the firewall, and you probably need two sets of 7M wires to get enough long ones to reach, but I'll probably end up going with the IS300 (is it all VVTi 2JZ's?) setup too.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I have a set of the 2jzgte non-vvti coils - the back cover wont go on without modification because it hits the #5 coil.

I will probably end up getting one of those center coil covers off of ebay. Im not quite sure how it will look with the NA cam covers though.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
time for some questions,

I extended the alternator wires
swaped over the requried sensors

my question what did you run behind the cam gears to the other side of the engine, cps, o2 sensor,alternator extension is what i have now

I'm trying to figure out what I need to keep under the intake manifold; 2 pin coolant sensor, the 1pin coolant sensor, both knock sensors, the oil pressure sensor.

the sensor i don't know about is the black 5pin I'm sure its the tps.

do you have a picture of the intake side of the enige without the manifolds installed that would help me greatly.

I understand what is going on, but i just want a referance to look back on and to make sure i'm correct.

edit:I'm trying to find a sc300 service manual pdf version

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I couldn't find the SC300 service manual, but the MKIV is about the same.

88supratt, sounds like you're all set. you're correct on the sensors that need to be run to the opposite side of the engine.. the black plug is the TPS, and don't forget about the ISC.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I Did not read through the whole thread (due to the fact that its 3am here and work is in 3 hours :( ) But i have a few questions on this swap. Is there a way to make ac and ps work? if so what needs to be done? Will twin turbo cam covers fit the Na head?? I assume the na head will bolt on to a GTE block with no problems??? same HG?? Just random questions i was wondering about.

thanks in advance
BJ

Last edited:

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
I'm sure the AC and PS can be made to work, should be the same or similar to a 1JZ swap, just wasn't important to me. I don't know about the TT head or cam covers swapping over, why would you want to?

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I have a gte block and i plan to get a na head for it and throw some TT cam covers on to clean it up a bit maybee even use the COP setup

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
quick question about tps...should i try to use the mkiii one by extending the harness, or should i use the 2jz connector and tps sensor.

if i use the 2jz tps what wire goes were

I'm so close :)