2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Same here. I would like to hear more on that turbo. I like the price, but need more info on how reliable and durable they are.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
silvergsx623;968728 said:
timing (retarded) or a misfire?

that'd be my guess

Do you have after market cams installed?

timing is dead on to factory 7m, stock cams for now :)

really need to change spark plugs, there is no electrode left on them; suprised it will even start as bad as they are. but if it still does that just need to fill up with good gas. what spark plugs should i get?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I run .026, I don't think I had any breakup at 30 PSI with that gap.. can't remember. Havn't cranked the boost up in awhile.

Edit: make sure you run as large a gap as possible before experiencing ignition break-up. Don't just go by what I run :)

Last edited:

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
yea i have checked into those x-s power ..... ALL POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!! The guy also has a full gasket kit and he is always easy to contact.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
^i think its the old ebay turbos are junk and people are confusing them with this seller, My brother bought xs power turbo kit form ebay a few years ago and decded not to install it because of bad ratings floating around the net, but he may try it in the near future because it does not look anything like the older ebay turbos that were prone to breaking.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Yeah, I was just reading that thread earlier. Most people like the xs power turbos. I've only heard one complaint recently but the guy seems like a good guy and I'm thinking about getting one of his turbos for my setup.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
For those who want to help me with what wastgate gasket goes where (Scott), here is a pic of what needs to be put on next.

I think the thickest metal plate goes closest to the wastegate with the protruding part facing towards the wastegate?????:nono:

I don't know.... HELP!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1704SM.JPG
    100_1704SM.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 29

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
You're right. The plate's protrusion faces the cylinder of the wastegate, with the thin gasket between the wastegate and the plate.

The thicker gasket goes between the manifold and the plate.