2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Jackson is fine with me. I am sure Will can be there too. Let's for sure make it later in the year because you know it will take atleast another 6 months for me to get done. :3d_frown:

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
jmcboost;939158 said:
Jackson is fine with me. I am sure Will can be there too. Let's for sure make it later in the year because you know it will take atleast another 6 months for me to get done. :3d_frown:

thats fine with me.. gives me time to get my turbo and other goodies.

antman;941295 said:
Nah, I've got you for that.

what in the world are you talking about....:nono:

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
took some pictures today, need to start the last major thing....intake manifold, i plan to build one myself, just need help locating parts...gonna start searching the web for write-ups to give me ideas, its gonna be 4" pipe as a base and probably a q45 TB

Engine
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p942182_1.jpg

cas, can cut that little bit off?..i probably will anyway :)
p942182_2.jpg

this is were i decided to put the coils, when the intake manifold is done i will lower them into the valve cover dip

p942182_3.jpg

p942182_4.jpg

The turbo side of the engine, 4" downpipe i made that just needs the flex pipe added to it, tail bov..probably can't see it but its right behind the alternator

p942182_5.jpg

p942182_6.jpg

p942182_7.jpg

intake side of engine, been done for awhile...just have a mess of wires for sensors that arn't used or i can't hook-up
p942182_1.jpg

p942182_9.jpg

p942182_10.jpg

and the major reason for the intake manifold, intake rides on exhaust housing
p942182_11.jpg

sorry for big post but some people have asked and i decided to take pictures to rasie my spirits, if anyone has some information on intake manifolds construction or ones that can be had for around 600-700 and are of good quality let me know :)

Last edited:

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
suprarcr89;941298 said:
what in the world are you talking about....:nono:

uuhh nuttin....

jmc. Have you put together a parts and price list? Also, thats a lexus 2j right?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Yes, mine is also an SC300 2J. I can do a price list soon, but I don't even want to think about it.:aigo:. It's actually not too bad, but I know I could have done it cheeper. But, it should be a land rocket when it is done.:naughty:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Here is what came today, Action 6 puck clutch set. It is used but for only a few thousand miles. Thanks Hottscennessy!!!!
Scott, please dont take offense to this question, I trust you I just want to make sure everything is good before install : For you clutch guys, is that typical looking for a 6 puck with a few thousand on it? I have never seen one of these before and the clutch looks different. My main concern is glazing.

Attachments

• 100_1410SM.JPG
    100_1410SM.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1411SM.JPG
    100_1411SM.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_1413SM.JPG
    100_1413SM.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 29

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Oh Yeah, also I am looking at this turbo and wanted to know what you guys think.

http://xs-power.com/turbos-6.htm

It is an XS power, so my main concern is the quality. The guys on Clubna-t like them. I looked for feedback on them and havn't found much. If anybody has some input, let me know. Thanks

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
jmcboost;956713 said:
Oh Yeah, also I am looking at this turbo and wanted to know what you guys think.

http://xs-power.com/turbos-6.htm

It is an XS power, so my main concern is the quality. The guys on Clubna-t like them. I looked for feedback on them and havn't found much. If anybody has some input, let me know. Thanks

Dont touch those turbos with a ten foot pole.. the only budget turbo I would go with are DriftMotion ones and/ or Master Power.

As for the clutch, I'm not sure.. I have mine but haven't taken it out to see what it looks like after some wear.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
About the turbo, I kind of figured, but when I go to find feedback on them I don't see anything too bad. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong spot. Master poewer is probably the way I will go. Just need to find the right one. Anybody have a good experience with XS turbos?

Dylan JZ;956822 said:
Dont touch those turbos with a ten foot pole.. the only budget turbo I would go with are DriftMotion ones and/ or Master Power.

As for the clutch, I'm not sure.. I have mine but haven't taken it out to see what it looks like after some wear.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
jmcboost;956707 said:
Here is what came today, Action 6 puck clutch set. It is used but for only a few thousand miles. Thanks Hottscennessy!!!!
Scott, please dont take offense to this question, I trust you I just want to make sure everything is good before install : For you clutch guys, is that typical looking for a 6 puck with a few thousand on it? I have never seen one of these before and the clutch looks different. My main concern is glazing.

yes that is typicall for a 6puc with some miles on it.. when I took my 6 puc out of my car and gave it to daniel it looked like that (had about 6,000 on mine) and trust me it still grabbed with force and didnt think about slipping.. your fine...

when it comes to turbos I tend to lean toward well known good turbos..... spend the money once..... not several times on budget turbos.... me personally id go with a garrett turbo or maybe sound performance..... main reason im leaning toward the sp61gt turbo is because.. its a direct bolt on and will give me my hp goal...... but if i were in your shoes id go with garrett...

Last edited:

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i couldn't stand the 6 puck disc. my first 2jz swap i did i used SPEC stage 3. this time i'm using the stage 3+ cause it is a full face disc.

about the turbo, i used the T70 from xs-power. i loved it. it pulled very strong. when it spooled up it was a huge rush. i wanted to go to 30 psi sooo bad to see what it felt like, but not a good idea on a stock motor.

i'm gettin another one of their turbos for my second swap.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks Aaron!!! Wow only $75, that is a great deal!!!

bigaaron;957680 said:
The disk and pp looks normal, you should be just fine.

(If anyone is interested in having a used Action disk repucked it's $75 including the return shipping, one week turnaround.)

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
crazysupra2JZ;957186 said:
i couldn't stand the 6 puck disc. my first 2jz swap i did i used SPEC stage 3. this time i'm using the stage 3+ cause it is a full face disc.

about the turbo, i used the T70 from xs-power. i loved it. it pulled very strong. when it spooled up it was a huge rush. i wanted to go to 30 psi sooo bad to see what it felt like, but not a good idea on a stock motor.

i'm gettin another one of their turbos for my second swap.

How long did you run the turbo? what psi, and why don't you still have it?