2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I know, it is about time. Too bad I still need more stuff to finish.:3d_frown:
I am still waiting on the 1J bellhousing to arrive to figure out whats up with the FFIM. That way I can see exaclty how the engine sets with the tranny on. How about you and Danial come up here and help me get my engine bay painted????? I can pay you in the form of.................. BEER!

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
id be down for that but unfortunately im not the one with the painting skills he is.... im the one with all the mechanical know how..... man I havent had a beer in a while thats got me thinking....

Edit.. have you still not found a set of 2jzgte valve covers and center valley cover..

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
No, still have not found 2JZGTE valve covers. Man that would save me hours of polishing. If you can find some, that would be great. I keep looking around, but it is hard to find anybody that is parting a 2JZGTE head. Man, your supra looks better and better everytime I see a new pic.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Scott, I have to thank you for all the help and I know I will have a thousand more queastions for you. I am glad to see that you have had so much success with your build and hope I can do the same with mine.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Ya, I would think that anybody going 2JZGE-NA-T would want to have GTE valve covers. So, untill I find some, I will be trying to make my GE ones look as nice as possible. And that is hard to do. :3d_frown:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Here is the best "shine" job I can do for now. I know it's not great but it looks better then the way I got them. Also, I don't want to spend too much time cleaning them up if I can get some GTE covers later. (fingers crossed)

Attachments

• 100_0899SM.jpg
    100_0899SM.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 103

NickSupra

Apr 6, 2005
tn
Good luck finding a used set, and if you do they are not cheap. However, Im pretty sure Titan sells new valve covers for the gte. Although for that much you could get creative or spend the money in other areas.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Ken, thanks for looking that up. That is not as bad as I thought it would be. Atleast I know I can get them for sure. I just think about spending $300 on those or $300 on injectors.:runaway:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I thought about starting off with the 440 (stock MK3) injectors, but why spend all this time and money and dyno time to tune it for 350hp and another tune later when I change injectors. So, for sure I will go with injectors over valve covers.

Scott, you have a good tune and close to 600whp. I think its about time for you to get some GTE covers!!!!!:evil2:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL.. I can't afford the covers yet.. I still have more power to get out of this setup

I have a twin disc clutch in the mail, next purchase will be some cams. Can't wait til you guys see how much some cams will open this thing up! Hopefully my turbo won't be too much of a restriction (.68 hotside/3" exhaust).

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Scott, I think I asked you already, but what is your current clutch setup? I am thinking the Stage 3 DM Action 6 puck set.