2011 Mustang GT

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
They went back to the old style gauges which is nice but they should have kept the 2006 lights. Those looked better. I am sure that if they did some tuning through the OBD and made the maps a little more aggressive along with cats taken out and an air filter, that 5.0 would hit 500HP really easy.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I drove a track pack 6spd awhile back, Easiest high power car ive ever driven, WAY comfy, Way fast and it cruises extremely nice, For the money its hard to beat it.

They are already doing 10's on slicks and spray with a tune and gears.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
When the periodicals liken it to their beloved 3 Series, you know it is good. And Ford wasn't sold by Obama to Islam. How is that for a reason to buy a Ford.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Bah. Performance on a track != the real world. The real world has bumps, grooves, and potholes. The benefits of IRS have been proven and documented for decades. Hell, even the Camaro finally gave up and went IRS.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
That MotorTrend video was filmed at the Streets of Willow, just few miles from my house. The surface is bumpy as hell with a lot of surface imperfections. Just sayin'

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I'm not saying it's better by any means, just that it seems to be working. :) I love me some IRS cars.

It's just neat that something so far below the price of an almighty M3 can do a decent job keeping up right out of the box.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Well its no new thing for old technology to be refined to the point of doing well. I mean DOHC still hasn't caught on everywhere, but that doesn't mean engines that don't have it arnt good engines.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Kangae;1659163 said:
Well its no new thing for old technology to be refined to the point of doing well. I mean DOHC still hasn't caught on everywhere, but that doesn't mean engines that don't have it arnt good engines.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ep you got a point there. Honda's j sereis v6 engines are still sohc, along with some of merecedes's v12 engines. And as for the new mustang, it's pretty cool, but i would rather have the new Camaro SS or the Mustang Boss 302 that comes out next year

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
GrimJack;1657275 said:
Well shave my head and paint me pink, I guess I'm wrong and a solid rear axle is better than IRS after all. :rolleyes:

Ok, you're pink, but I ain't touch'n that head. :p

I'll commend Ford on how far they have been able to take such a technology. In terms of suspension geometry it really is at a disadvantage on a track where every tenth of a second matters. But they still remain very competitive. That said I'll wait until 2014 when the rumor mill says a factory IRS version of the Mustang GT is supposed to debut. At that point the Mustang will have a very, very strong case for it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think they pretty much have to - Chevy did it with the Camaro, and look what happens - the Camaro outsells the Mustang for the first time in... well, damn near forever. I'm a big fan of competition, tends to leave the consumer with a better product at a price that's still easy to swallow.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mecevans;1659246 said:
Wheres the ecoboost v8
Good question, hopefully Ford will have a good answer soon. New Cobra perhaps?

GrimJack;1659233 said:
I think they pretty much have to - Chevy did it with the Camaro, and look what happens - the Camaro outsells the Mustang for the first time in... well, damn near forever. I'm a big fan of competition, tends to leave the consumer with a better product at a price that's still easy to swallow.
Myself, I'm still hoping (beyond, it seems, hope) that Toyota will toss their beige coat aside for a Sparco suit one of these days in response to all these other sporty cars that have been coming down the pipeline lately. Don't even necessarily need a high end car. Bring back the RWD Corolla coupe. That'd give Nissan a reason to bring back the Silvia, and Mazda to bring back... err, I guess they still have the Miata, nevermind.

But eventually, this could lead to a resurgence in cool Japanese cars. Is Nissan the only one with a car over 300hp anymore? I can't think of any others...