Lousy-ana
IJ.;1526480 said:
Inside of the Turbo Compressor outlet?

This ?

p1526485_1.jpg

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
So you think the turbo is ok ?... I am worried because there is a awful lot of oil/black junk in the intake manifold. My neighbor who is a mechanic, says the seals in the turbo are most likely bad.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
All of the tests I asked you to do point that the Turbo is ok and that it's just blowby gunking up the Intake.

Grab hold of the Compressor wheel and check for up/down/in/out play.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
The compressor wheel feels really solid, no play in or out, and no suspicious wiggling of any sort....and spins freely with no noise.

thnx Kevin, I do feel a little overwhelmed.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
i was overwhelmed too because i have absolutely no background on cars.. most i ever did before was basic maintaining. But you'll find its actually pretty simple.. jest very tedious. buy a shit load of ziplock bags and keep bolts of certain components together and labelled.. (something i didnt do the first time.. and payed for it lol) pics are always good too so you can reference back.
dont be intimidated you'll be good just do shit properly so you wont have to do it again.

and your turbo sounds to be ok then. a tiny bit of side to side shaft play is normal

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Yes it's not rocket surgery, just seems that way because I am new at this. What kills me is all the hoses and wires that go here and there, and everything is hard to get to. On the plus, a friend of mine is coming over tomorrow to help finish getting the head off. He is ASE certified and is also the person who helped me out pulling the turbo the first time when I changed the exhaust manifold gasket.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
im almost done with my stuff, like one of the guys said, just check the tsrm, and make sure you save ever bolt in a zip lock bag, also there are pins from the cam gear, make sure you dont loose it, i lost mine so i have to get some now, and make sure the vacuums goes on right

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Worked all day getting the head off, to no surprise the headgasket looked horrible. Re-assembly commences tomorrow after I get some rest. Here is a couple pics :

p1526975_1.jpg

p1526975_2.jpg

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Yup looks like a bhg! Make sure you get all the old gasket material off the block and head, check both for warpage and make sure you don't get any of the old pieces of gasket down into any of the oil holes in the block or into the cylinder bores. Its a good idea to put some rags in the bores when you do your scraping so junk doesn't get between the piston and rings.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Well the engine is mostly back together, with only 2 things holding me up. I'm sure somebody knows where this fitting goes, and the where the hose ends connect up at. Also the little harness in the pic, I'm stuck on that one too.

p1528195_1.jpg

bennza

Jul 29, 2008
Houston
I could be wrong but I'm thinking its the vacuum line for the bov. bolts to the the lower intake manifold. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

My ghetto photoshop lol
p1528212_1.jpg

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
OK well I'll get the pvc hard lines put back in and connect the hoses, and then I should see that one where it needs to be connected. I still need to know where the little harness in that pic goes, the one with the red wires. I can't wait to fire her back up and see how she runs !!!