1jzgte R33 skyline

kilo_gulf

Feb 5, 2010
Nassau
Greeting fellow JZ owners,
My name is kristopher Gray and I live in the Bahamas, there's a pretty big import following in Nassau and you'll find tons of modified skylines, supras, evo, silvias and rx7s.
Until recently I've been a huge fan of the Rb25det powerplant, however after destroying about three of them and realizing how fickle they are i started looking for and alternate power plant. My options were the rb26, 1jz or 2jz. A friend of my had just installed a 2jz in his r33 with the followoing mods, 850 inj, microtec ecu, and precision 6765 turbo. His car is brutle, no traction whatsoever when he goes into boost in any gear other than fourth, impressed by the midrange of the JZ powerplant i decided to go with the milder 1jzgte.
Heres my plan, to make 500hp on pump gas, and low eight second passes (1/8 mile) on street tires, your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

r33 gearbox mated to 1jzgte-done
t3/t67 turbo .63 a/r- turbo from my rb25det decent spool
t4 manifold with t3 flange-done
ems 8860 ecu-purchased
Snow performance methanol injection kit-purchased
synapse bov-purchased
walbro 255 intank fuel pump
power xs fmic and piping kit

the following mods, i havent purchased yet, but considering

44mm wastegate to assist in decreasing back pressure
650 direct fit injectors
bosch 044 inline fuel pump

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
from one 2.5 to another, but I bet it's one hell of a difference..!

if you would have gone with a VVTi 1JZ, you could have still been single turbo..

welcome..!:D

geartech

Mar 11, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The differnce between the rb series and the jz is night and day. I came out of modded rb20 car to a 1jz that is stock and the jz make a ton more usable power. I don't constantly find myself in boost while cruising .

kilo_gulf

Feb 5, 2010
Nassau
thanks everyone ill post pics as soon as I'm complete in sequence order, lots of useful info this site, ive been impressed with the site from the begining!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

87mk111;1538595 said:
Sounds awesome dude. One of the guy's on the Driftworks forum is doing the same thing right now. Good luck with it.

the difference in what I'm trying to do as opposed to what Driftworks did is I'm using an r33 gearbox mated to a 1jzgte.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome aboard, Kristopher!

The mathematics has it right... there's no reason why a 1JZ in an R33 Skyline wouldn't scream success. ;)

I, (as we all), can't wait to see pictures and hear about the progress/final product.

Jeff

kilo_gulf

Feb 5, 2010
Nassau
I've have a couple of pics, but i have no clue how to post them.
think i sorted it out,
p1563628_1.jpg
p1563628_2.jpg

Last edited:

kilo_gulf

Feb 5, 2010
Nassau
yeah, they have awesome handling! Really great road car and with the toyota motor i should have the best of both worlds.

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
kilo_gulf;1537578 said:
Greeting fellow JZ owners,
My name is kristopher Gray and I live in the Bahamas, there's a pretty big import following in Nassau and you'll find tons of modified skylines, supras, evo, silvias and rx7s.
Until recently I've been a huge fan of the Rb25det powerplant, however after destroying about three of them and realizing how fickle they are i started looking for and alternate power plant. My options were the rb26, 1jz or 2jz. A friend of my had just installed a 2jz in his r33 with the followoing mods, 850 inj, microtec ecu, and precision 6765 turbo. His car is brutle, no traction whatsoever when he goes into boost in any gear other than fourth, impressed by the midrange of the JZ powerplant i decided to go with the milder 1jzgte.
Heres my plan, to make 500hp on pump gas, and low eight second passes (1/8 mile) on street tires, your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

r33 gearbox mated to 1jzgte-done
t3/t67 turbo .63 a/r- turbo from my rb25det decent spool
t4 manifold with t3 flange-done
ems 8860 ecu-purchased
Snow performance methanol injection kit-purchased
synapse bov-purchased
walbro 255 intank fuel pump
power xs fmic and piping kit

the following mods, i havent purchased yet, but considering

44mm wastegate to assist in decreasing back pressure
650 direct fit injectors
bosch 044 inline fuel pump

I have the same goal as you for my 1jz. I don't want anymore power than 500hp. I'll concentrate more on balancing and beefing up the suspension and body rigidity while still maintaining the sleeper look.