1JZ MII in Canada

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Hey folks !! Just wanted to say thanks for a great site with tons of info that helped me along the way. This has been a very busy winter and now i'm ready for paint in the next couple of weeks . I'll keep it short and sweet :icon_bigg

Goal ... nothing big around 300+ and reliable
Car .....not a DD / nor track car
why ?... this is my 4th MKII and all they ever needed was a little help under the hood so I said this one is gettin it GOOD !!! :naughty:

JZA70 1j
R154
Spec Stage 3+
ZW Y pipe downpipe
Raptor Racing 3" SS Exhaust
STock twins
440's
Godspeed 24x11x3.5" IC
2.5" Piping
Apexi BOV
Greedy Profec Spec2
Defi/HKS guages
Bosch 984 external pump
SS brake/clutch lines
2J usdm cams ( not installed yet)
Stock ECU

New t belt ,cam seals,thermostat,2j w pump, crank seal / bolt, 2j pcv valve, 2j TpS , cam cover gaskets / grommets, etc etc.....

p633190_1.jpg

p633190_2.jpg

p633190_3.jpg

p633190_4.jpg

p633190_5.jpg

p633190_6.jpg

p633190_7.jpg

p633190_8.jpg

p633190_9.jpg

p633190_10.jpg

So thats it in pics without the four letter words :biglaugh: If you have any comments or suggestions on improving my setup feel free i'm all ears and eager to learn more about the options out there that work .

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
very nice...that engine bay looks tight with the 1j in it. 1j on mkII should be a very fun car to drive. good luck with it.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Thanks guys it's quite the relief to hear it run and so smooth.

One J ...cheers and yes it is tight !! You should have seen me hooking up my Profec Spec2 yesterday .. My Fingers are now like pretzels

hottS ....nope 82 comes with an external pump and the Bosch pump being much larger required a new mount . I decided it was the right spot for the filter as well :icon_bigg

666..... Thanks ,sometimes you have to settle for a not so perfect MKII and build what you want :naughty: My welder and I spent a few hours together . I Really couldn't bring myself to hack a truely mint one just because there aren't very many left. For example the R154 requires some cutting of the shifter opening and bashing the tunnel back in one area.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Hey Neil Thanks buddy and the boost guage works pefect !!

Wish I could say the same about my A/F Defi Dguage ...It self tests fine then bang sticks on 14.5 and wont move as the temp rises on the o2 or with revving the engine. I checked the wiring and it works fine with the meter and with a buddies a/f guage .. Hmmm any thoughts on what could be wrong or I guess the damn thing is crap. Cheers !!

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Update .. finally have it painted and 90% complete . I have to do a cut and buff job on her before the mouldings and mudguards go on but I wanted to share some progress .
The 1J is an amazing engine , soo super smooth and boost comes on fast and hard . I'm still hitting fuel cut but a fcd or a descent ecu or a safc should take care of that . I bought a Mines ecu but the car turned to shit dispite several attempts thinking it was just calibrating and might take a bit to smooth out ..Nerver did cough cough , sputter sputter ..back in the box it goes !!!:nono: Stock ecu back in and my beast is alive and roars like a dragon :biglaugh:

p677636_1.jpg

p677636_2.jpg

p677636_3.jpg

p677636_4.jpg

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
wow, that is one of my favorite supras!! I always wanted a mk2, and that one is so clean. Very nice job man!:bowdown:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Holy shit man, that MKII is so sweet. It looks so mint. Can't wait to see it after you finish the buffing and what not. Keep it up.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Sweet ride. One of the best looking mk2's I've seen yet. Definitely a sleeper especially with that muffler. Get some in car vids up!