1JZ MII in Canada

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
looks good couple of questions about ur swap!

did you wire it up yourself?,
did you use an aristo or supra 1j engine set?

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Thanks a lot guys i'm glad you like it !! It's very rewarding to finally see it starting and running so well :icon_bigg

Ma717mgte....it's from a 92 Jza70 with a R154 and yes I wired it but with some help from an electrical genius and info from this site and a couple others. Not a bad job took 6 hrs to get it wired and fired up. That first start was the second best sound I have ever heard !! ...I have a daughter so her birth was the only thing that tops it :love: 1JZ FTW !!!

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
foreverpsycotic said:
what did you use for mounts?

I could have made them with some effort but I went the easy route and got a set from Bonneville Automotive in Australia . Worth the time saved and they use the stock 5m rubber mounts. The tranny mount is from an auto MKII , fits the r154 perfect with no fooling around and adds the few inches required for the new tranny , the tunnel was another story that had to be pounded on for a while to make it fit :icon_bigg

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
I'm just finishing the cut and buff so completed pics soon ..

I need you opinions on something I'm having a small issue with low idle .... I start the car cold , she fires first click and runs to 1400 , cold starts working good ....she settles as the temp rises and rests at 7 or 750 ,,seems fine ....drive maybe 2 miles into town and stop at a red light .....idle drops to 450 and wants to stall :3d_frown: wierd ..... drive around for 15 mins and stop at another red light .... 750 again seems perfect . Shut off the car and restart in 5min and the first red light ...450 wants to stall ...hmmmmmm any thoughts ??? coil pack cracked, plug gap , fuel pump, bad ground ?? I'm scratching my head over this one any suggestions ?

Cheers

p689481_1.jpg

p689481_2.jpg

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yotaholic said:
I could have made them with some effort but I went the easy route and got a set from Bonneville Automotive in Australia . Worth the time saved and they use the stock 5m rubber mounts. The tranny mount is from an auto MKII , fits the r154 perfect with no fooling around and adds the few inches required for the new tranny , the tunnel was another story that had to be pounded on for a while to make it fit :icon_bigg

Do you have any pics of the brackets, how much were they?. I have mk2 1jz project comming soon.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Thanks guys !! :icon_bigg

The mounts cost me $250.00 cdn to my door . They don't look like much but when you consider the time it takes to get the angles right and the height correct it's well worth it . Fit perfect and even have the cutout for the turbo return line . Heres the number and ask for Brian I had to add 011 to the number your location may require another 3 digit # but i'm not really sure just ask the operator if this doesn't work.. Good luck on your swap and I hope this helps !!

011-612-9553-4708 Bonneville Automotive

p690372_1.jpg

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Had some company from Ontario over the weekend and took the a few pics so I thought I would share . Lil Devil and his lovely GF made the trip in his 82 7mgte !! We had a blast and the Toronto meet sure sounds good hope I can talk the wife into it !

p699479_1.jpg

p699479_2.jpg

p699479_3.jpg

p699479_4.jpg

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
Yotaholic said:
I'm just finishing the cut and buff so completed pics soon ..

I need you opinions on something I'm having a small issue with low idle .... I start the car cold , she fires first click and runs to 1400 , cold starts working good ....she settles as the temp rises and rests at 7 or 750 ,,seems fine ....drive maybe 2 miles into town and stop at a red light .....idle drops to 450 and wants to stall :3d_frown: wierd ..... drive around for 15 mins and stop at another red light .... 750 again seems perfect . Shut off the car and restart in 5min and the first red light ...450 wants to stall ...hmmmmmm any thoughts ??? coil pack cracked, plug gap , fuel pump, bad ground ?? I'm scratching my head over this one any suggestions ?

Cheers

i have the same problem. ill have a look at everything when i take apart the engine >=)

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
time for an update:
Well the snow has started and the car is back in the garage again . I can't believe the summer is over already :nono: . It's been a wild one and I can't say enough good things about this engine . I solved the fuel cut issue with a Greddy BCC and managed to lay down 305.9rwhp/318TQ at 16psi after a 7hr drive in 27* heat so i'm more than happy with the results . 346/359 if you compare to a dynojet result . Some unadjusted dyno dynamics vs dynojet shit anyway .. I'm ready for this winters upgrades .. I have Aristo 2J cams , 440's and now i'm considering a ct12a steel wheel upgrade . I know "Go single ": but I really don't want to ..yet . I also have a leatherseats.com full Black interior to install and some suspension and brake upgrades. Stay tuned for more i'll update as I go. Thanks for all the great ideas and advise on here it sure helps !!

last day for 07

p807595_1.jpg

p807595_2.jpg

p807595_3.jpg

p807595_4.jpg

Last edited: