1JZ AEM V2 Setup

Birdmann2jz

Apr 5, 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
I recently bought a AEMv2 for my 1JZGTE and i wanted to know what sensors do i need to be able to tune for 450-500HP @20psi?

Ive been told by arron that the stock 1jz IAT sensor can work and IF i dont plan on making more then 14psi i can use my stock 2jz map sensor but ive used my car at 20psi with a HKS FCD (took it off when it took a crap affecting the way my car ran) and it ran fine with the SAFC2.

Now my question is can i use my stock 1jz IAT and Map sensors or should i get the IAT and 3.5 bar map from AEM? Im on a budget so ive been delaying it. My turner said i should be fine but Victor from Induction Performance highly recommends i use the sensors which i agree with but again im on a budget. Anyone have an idea? Will i be safe with stock sensors at 20psi on a AEMv2? Thanks for any input

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Birdmann2jz;1918488 said:
I recently bought a AEMv2 for my 1JZGTE and i wanted to know what sensors do i need to be able to tune for 450-500HP @20psi?

Ive been told by arron that the stock 1jz IAT sensor can work and IF i dont plan on making more then 14psi i can use my stock 2jz map sensor but ive used my car at 20psi with a HKS FCD (took it off when it took a crap affecting the way my car ran) and it ran fine with the SAFC2.
Without the sfac to trick the map sensor you will need a new map sensor. Get a gm 3.5 bar. The stock 1j map will not is a 1.5 bar so they say. I think your better off to get a new map

Now my question is can i use my stock 1jz IAT and Map sensors or should i get the IAT and 3.5 bar map from AEM? Im on a budget so ive been delaying it. My turner said i should be fine but Victor from Induction Performance highly recommends i use the sensors which i agree with but again im on a budget. Anyone have an idea? Will i be safe with stock sensors at 20psi on a AEMv2? Thanks for any input

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
^^ how is that helping him.

Anyway, I'd go with AEM sensors. Fast isn't cheap and that way your not limited to such a low pressure. Just pinch a couple more pennies and you'll be there bud ;)

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
You can use the stock iat sensor. You need the aem map sensor or you could also use a gm map sensor. Stock sensor runs out of resolution at 16psi

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Yeah sorry about that my phone tweeked on that reply I delted the post. But it did not remove. Sorry. I was going to say in it to buy a gm 3 bar. With out the sfac to trick the map anymore. The stock map is no good to 20psi