1992 Supras with stock subwoofers

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Ah

there was 2 for sale on the auctions and now there is one, good to see the other one went to someone on here

What size are the stock speakers in there? I think someone once replaced them with aftermarket subs?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
applesauce;1383394 said:
I do have the OEM Sub Amp, and both Harnesses for the OEM Sub I snatched out of my JZA70. I'll sell for the right price.

thats a strange amp...the one I have looks completely different (it is in a for sale thread (still) here).

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
HKS_TRD;1388597 said:
Ah

there was 2 for sale on the auctions and now there is one, good to see the other one went to someone on here

What size are the stock speakers in there? I think someone once replaced them with aftermarket subs?

that was me. the size is 6.5", but due to the design of the box, some grinding of the sub mounting ring is required (does not influence the integrity of the sub whatsoever). I'm using 2 JL 6W0 subs.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Kristian_Wraae;1388481 said:
Just scored a subwoofer on Japanese Yahoo auctions. Looks a little rough but could turn out nice after a bit of cleaning.

What is included with the amp in terms of harness? How does it all connect? Is it plug an play with any MA70?

Good job! thats kinda how I got mine.
There are a couple diff types of Amps, Sub amps, Harness, etc. If you look at my previous OEM amp thread I used a aftermarket amp, and just changed the wiring a little. I had to because I didn't have my MA70 at the time. It didnt have the Harness or amp for the sub. When I got my JZA70 it had the Amp, and all the harness in it. If you want to try the harness and amp I will sell it all for the right price. Its not going to be plug and play w/ an aftermarket radio though.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
photo..jpg

Finally got the sub box and amp installed. Hatch floor is now completely flat, and the amp is contained in the spare tire well.

For the size of the woofers and box, the bass is quite surprising. From what I remember, the two 6.5" woofers hit nearly as hard as the two 10"s I had in there 5 years ago. It is head and shoulders above any factory subwoofers in todays cars.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
they were part of the 10 speaker package in 92 (beginning with cars produced 08/91)

I don't think there are many out there. I've now seen 4, 3 of which are in this thread.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I can't remember if I posted here, but I have a stock sub/amp setup wired to a newer alpine. ipod direct plug in and these subs are win.

edit: lmao, I'm second post.....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
are the woofers counted in the 10 speaker package, or are they considered seperate?

my 92 has 8 speakers (6.5 door speakers, tweeters, rear panels, and rear pods) were they a stand alone option?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
actually intresting looking.

shame that they use the space where a battery relocation would occur...... oh well.

Though I remember a system, polk C4, only reason I remember. I still own one. ;) i Bought this in.......crap 1994! I used it in the Supra. The ONLY piece I have left of my sound system.

It is 4 x 6x9 speaker with a pair in an isobaric configuration. The size is small but this hit hard. Set it up where the wooden plank portion next to the seat is, attach hinges to this sub, mount sub HARD (brakets and screw) into the sheet metal. Done!

Attachments

• Polk-C4..jpg
    Polk-C4..jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 83
May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Just got another sub. It came with the stock five channel amp.

Got it from nengun.com

They wrapped appaulingly. In an old JVC ministereo box. It was soft and no real protection.

So of course it broke.

CIMG9661.jpgCIMG9662.jpgamp.jpg

The amp came with no wiring and the small plug is no longer available from Toyota.

Thank you very much!!!:: angry ::