1990 Turbo Supra with 3k miles for sale?

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
How do the 240z's deal with that sort of stuff?

Not just the S30 chassis Z's but also the early Celica, Corolla, Corona. There exists reproduction door, window, and trunk seals for those cars.

http://toyheadauto.com/Celica_Parts_1971_to_1977.html#Weatherstrip_

you can see the support for the older Toyotas is there.

http://toyheadauto.com/Web_Site_Directory_Toyhead_Auto_Restoration_Services_and_Parts.html

There is just a huge void that has yet to be filled for the A70 Supra. I think it is for the most part due to owners not willing to pay for parts as you've expressed. Those owners will dwindle in numbers as they become disenchanted to continue working on the cars, leaving us with individuals that really want to keep these cars going.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Not just the S30 chassis Z's but also the early Celica, Corolla, Corona. There exists reproduction door, window, and trunk seals for those cars.

http://toyheadauto.com/Celica_Parts_1971_to_1977.html#Weatherstrip_

you can see the support for the older Toyotas is there.

http://toyheadauto.com/Web_Site_Directory_Toyhead_Auto_Restoration_Services_and_Parts.html

There is just a huge void that has yet to be filled for the A70 Supra. I think it is for the most part due to owners not willing to pay for parts as you've expressed. Those owners will dwindle in numbers as they become disenchanted to continue working on the cars, leaving us with individuals that really want to keep these cars going.

Awesome link, thank you! That's wonderful to see that many rubber parts available for chassis that old.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
You can do a results search on Barrett Jackson's website to see previous results and they have sold 2 Supra's before, a MKIV in 2016 and a MKIII in 2004. It will be interesting to see what LOT 714 will go for.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Nissan is now starting a re production program starting with the r32. they announced every part will be remade. If it is a success the next cars will be the r33 and z32.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
I cant believe it's already over prediction

Wow your right! I was saying 50+ but I really though reserve was 50k but now I think it's closer to piratetip's 62k?

A month ago a 97' Turbo with same miles as this 90' sold for 84k+ on eBay. The buyer would not tell me if he paid more to get it but I think he did.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
61,600.00 and reserve still not met.

100k should do it! Funny thing is a person on FB mentioned he had seen this car at the local cars and coffee and the owner was asking 50k? The only thing I can say is that there were car collectors taking about the future of the A70 and they mentioned they are way under valued and that may have jumped the price on these??

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Still guessing what they have that reserve set to.

It should skyrocket in the final 10 minutes of bidding.
I am surprised how much bidding activity there has been days before the end of the auction.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
100k should do it! Funny thing is a person on FB mentioned he had seen this car at the local cars and coffee and the owner was asking 50k? The only thing I can say is that there were car collectors taking about the future of the A70 and they mentioned they are way under valued and that may have jumped the price on these??

I think it's been undervalued for the last 10 years and may be for another few. We've already gone past the low point, it's just a question of how quickly values will rise. Tough to say how much of this sort of rare car value will trickle into the general, well maintained population. I think the used and abused cars will remain low in value because it'll only cost and cost to bring it back up to spec in the future.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
$61,600, 119 bids and no sale - reserve not met. I guess we'll see it go across the block at Barrett Jackson! Wish I lived there still to attend. I could have walked to the shuttle parking lot from my old work...

I feel like there's a good chance it'll hit the block in a couple weeks and flop. $60+k is a lot for a MK3 at an auction not generally known for Japanese imports. I hope I'm proven wrong!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Well it ended at that price which surpassed my highest exceptions. Wonder what that Barrett Jackson auction will bring in, I don't think as much as that ebay auction?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Yeah strange, the price didn't budge at all in the last 2 hours either.
People did all their bidding early.

The good news is we now know what people are willing to pay for a vehicle in this condition.

I don't see it selling for 60k plus on Barrett Jackson either.
It does not check all the boxes & the bidding crowd does not seem right for a Toyota.
Will be interesting to see what happens.