1987 chrysler conquest

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
oh, forgot to tell you the seals ont he injectors like to go bad and burn the car to the ground...

that's some rigged shit right there though, I'd give em MAYBE $1K for it...

Justin727

T-virus infected
yea you gotta rebuild the tbi with the gasket kit... Yea the engine condition of the car makes it worth atleast 1k the rest of it is clean and fine and thats the sad part.

But im willin to say the blades of the compressor are in the fmic and that'll be a pita to get out itself among other things.

I've spent a good bit of time researching the car.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
They're cool looking, turbo cars, and I've always liked them for that reason. I knew about cylinder head problems. That's what i told a buddy of mine when he called to say he had found an extremely clean Starion for sale. He went and bought it anyway, and proceeded to overheat and blow the hg (on the way home, no less), and who knows what else he might have damaged, because the car won't even turn over.

Last edited:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
im tellin you man, its not worth the trouble. why go for a car that is inferiorly engineered compared to the mk3 with the SAME problems, guaranteed.

they have a shitty steering system, the transmission isnt strong, youre boned when it comes to the fuel system and engine management unless you go stand alone. the motor sucks because its a SOHC. the only DOHC cam head was made by HKS and a repro run fell thru about 6 years ago. the brakes suck on these cars, the interior pretty much sucks, as does the body sheet metal. also, swapping in a 4G63 is not easy. you need either an Aussie tranny or a dodge D50 tranny which isnt strong anyways. the bolt pattern on the bell housings are NOT the same between the G54B and the 4G6x motors.

yes, they look cool and thats about the only thing they have going for them. when it comes to being a sports car, they suck.

IMO, the best way to do a car like this is to either build the motor, top to bottom. that includes removing the steam jets in the head to prevent future overheating/head warping. then, buy an Aussie multiport efi system. after that, run either megasquirt or SDS EFI. rebuild the ENTIRE steering system since its a drag-link system, not a rack and pinion.

for the same $ amount invested, the MK3 blows away the star-quest's. dont get me wrong, i dont hate them... i just dont think sensible people should own them.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
get an RX-7 first

even if the rotory is on it's way out it's still better than the horror stories I hear about these cars...

I've mentioned I had the cahnce to pick one up for very cheap, after i read up on them I decided it wasn't worth my time or money...

Justin727

T-virus infected
well im not going to travel 100+ miles to find another lol! it was silver before hand before the paint I looked it over. He'll go lower then whats on the windshield.

RX-7's around here are a dime a dozen. I kno where I can pick up plenty of those locally!!!

I don't want the car because it's out dated sporty fashion, i'm not building a Monster. But to keep it, collect it, drive it stock.. True enthusiast style imho.

alot of guys are running a maft setup such as maft pro and what not. like stated before there is a guy building FFIM style manifold complete with FI cross over instead of TBI with injectors of your choice of course.

I don't want the car to be super fast, I don't want to build a monster.
But for a complete stock rebuild with some goodies if I prefer I can build it the motor in less then 1k in parts.

But if you think I prefer a starquest over a mk3 you got life screwed up! ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
is there ANY engine/tranny combo that would bolt in and make it somewhat reliable?

I don't care if the damn engine is out of a minivan, as long as it's reliable and you can boost anything...