1987 chrysler conquest

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
back when I was looking at buying one, the issues that I saw where:

- rodknock (there was a recall on the bearings)
- ECU
- lack of artermarket support
- trying to push any power in them broke drivertrain components (why I like my toyotas)

They're cool and all, but I'd leave it bone stock, and that would be REALLY hard for me considering it's turbo (OMG UP THE BOOOOOST)

Justin727

T-virus infected
good to know poodles thanks!

I've searched for ecu problems and its not a widespread problem as it seemed.

lack of aftermarket support reminds back in the day with our mk3's but there are things slowly comming up alot of it universal like our stuff.

but yea i've been reading about guys killin half shafts and thats it. But they arent near stock either.

Yes if i get this thing I may end up keeping it as a dialy for a lil bit then once the supe is in its happy place build the quest.
Its a very easy/cheap motor to build from what i've come across

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
'89+

also, if you decide to get it, the heads are interchangeable with the older chrysler minivans, forget what years. The G54Bs in those vans didn't have the problematic auxillary valves in the head.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
gtsfirefighter said:
I loved those cars back in high school. Why doesn't someone due a 7mgte swap in one? I'm sure someone can make it happen.
Due: –adjective
1. owed at present; having reached the date for payment: This bill is due.
2. owing or owed, irrespective of whether the time of payment has arrived: This bill is due next month.
3. owing or observed as a moral or natural right.
4. rightful; proper; fitting: due care; in due time.
5. adequate; sufficient: a due margin for delay.
6. under engagement as to time; expected to be ready, be present, or arrive; scheduled: The plane is due at noon.
–noun
7. something that is due, owed, or naturally belongs to someone.
8. Usually, dues. a regular fee or charge payable at specific intervals, esp. to a group or organization: membership dues.
–adverb
9. directly or exactly: a due east course.
10. Obsolete. duly.
—Idioms

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
JustAnotherVictim said:
Due: –adjective
1. owed at present; having reached the date for payment: This bill is due.
2. owing or owed, irrespective of whether the time of payment has arrived: This bill is due next month.
3. owing or observed as a moral or natural right.
4. rightful; proper; fitting: due care; in due time.
5. adequate; sufficient: a due margin for delay.
6. under engagement as to time; expected to be ready, be present, or arrive; scheduled: The plane is due at noon.
–noun
7. something that is due, owed, or naturally belongs to someone.
8. Usually, dues. a regular fee or charge payable at specific intervals, esp. to a group or organization: membership dues.
–adverb
9. directly or exactly: a due east course.
10. Obsolete. duly.
—Idioms

:biglaugh: I usually proofread my posts before submitting and didn't catch that one. I'm not going to edit it due to it being funny.

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
My friend has 3 conquests. Hes already blown 3 built engines on the one but when they did run they were fun and pulled hard. I would say he was around 250+hp at 10psi with the 18g turbo but it was capable of running 18psi.
Check the undercarriage as well, usually the p/s frame rails rot out and see if the car has the shp package (16x9s rear and adjustable suspension).

Justin727

T-virus infected
it does have the above said package with the 9" wide wheels and adj. suspension!

Like I said its a very clean car. Been garage kept till it was at the mechanics shop. guess they couldnt afford to get it fixed or thought it wasnt worth it

edit: btw they have swapped a 2j and 1j in them and someone brought up a 7m and hasn't attempted that swap just yet.

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i've always loved the bodystyle of those. they look wicked. a buddy of mine had one. it was a nice car. (actually, he had one good one, and 3 for parts!) all with the 9" wheels.

he sold them all, bought a porsche, and turboswapped.

-shaeff

Justin727

T-virus infected
pics!
not bad its clean, has a new single stage paint job not acrylic but urethane.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

front mount action
sm_photo_missing.jpg

interior not bad
sm_photo_missing.jpg

almost 150k
sm_photo_missing.jpg

dash mats and clean hatch area
sm_photo_missing.jpg

WTF N/A MODE FTL
sm_photo_missing.jpg

OMG