1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
atmperformance;2064098 said:
seeing you ahead of cars like the m3 makes me smile

jejeje yes!
and the most exciting thing is that the lap-time was with 75 kg passenger and semi-slicks tyres and at low boost of 0,8 psi so....

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
what do the vents in the fenders do? just heat extraction? did you do any ducting? did you do any testing to see the best spot to put it?

I'm always impressed by the work you put into your car :)

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
I haven't been notified about your answer, and even the other posts in this thread grrrr..

josbeat;2061835 said:
if that is correctly , -3,5 to -4,5 not for street use
you can not imaging how many times i was looking for one of those ....but in the end the Beech ones are better.

Thank you Josbeat for this information, that what I thougt.

Your results are very impressive, I'm a fan!
I will move to see you race. Please post when you move in France or Germany to race, and ho wait, during may, july/august I'm in Biarritz (France) near San Sebastian (Spain)

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Enraged;2064144 said:
what do the vents in the fenders do? just heat extraction? did you do any ducting? did you do any testing to see the best spot to put it?

I'm always impressed by the work you put into your car :)

hi!
the idea is to release the presure in that aera, but it may be bigger , in the last test still have debriss on the back of the fender in the edge with the doors but a lot less than before so it is working.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Rollus;2064231 said:
I haven't been notified about your answer, and even the other posts in this thread grrrr..

Thank you Josbeat for this information, that what I thougt.

Your results are very impressive, I'm a fan!
I will move to see you race. Please post when you move in France or Germany to race, and ho wait, during may, july/august I'm in Biarritz (France) near San Sebastian (Spain)

hi! rollus
i will see if i have something next year close to there and tell you
regards

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
this year i really enjoy the time with my Supra , really a good year with it.
Spa Franconchamp, Nurburgreen, firts Timeattack victory, allways on top of the lap times and the people talking about te Supra and me very well so nice with out problems.

I dont know if all of it was possible because the new 2jz engine swap or not but i really miss the last 7M engine i builded... bad decision of let a friend help me on it.....
soon i will open a thread of it , i think it will be nice to show what could be the best 7M engine , fixing the oil lubrication and the temperature problems of it when using it in racing.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
josbeat;2066405 said:
this year i really enjoy the time with my Supra , really a good year with it.
Spa Franconchamp, Nurburgreen, firts Timeattack victory, allways on top of the lap times and the people talking about te Supra and me very well so nice with out problems.

I dont know if all of it was possible because the new 2jz engine swap or not but i really miss the last 7M engine i builded... bad decision of let a friend help me on it.....
soon i will open a thread of it , i think it will be nice to show what could be the best 7M engine , fixing the oil lubrication and the temperature problems of it when using it in racing.

the jz series is a rev happy engine with a lot of potential race built engineered in the design. Honestly you'd be better off putting a 3sgte into a supra then 7M for a race car, I feel like that would drop weight & help distribution as well as give you a decent powerband.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
1.360 kg is the actual weight of the car with 30 ltr of fuel and with the 25 kg provional in test flat floor .

Beals . I was thinking in two engines , that 3sgte and the Ford sierra cosworth 2.0 ltr turbo with aluminium block.
but the 2jzgte vvti boosting aroound 15 to 22 psi give a decent power safelly but those two liters engines needs a lot of mods to get 400 cv? but not for long time safelly.

I was thinking to buy an 2jz aluminium block firts if i need to low the weigh more , i dont know if it is only good for drags , i will see.

dont know now the weight distribution but i moved all as back and low as posible and allways beetwin the two axels, if you see the video, that supra (mine) anly need to reduce the weight till 1300 kg with some plexis and carbon panels for the flat floor , also the rear sway bar moved to 1 point stiffer and that is what i need to make it really fast.

if one day i decide to change the engine for a 2 turbo engine .... i put all for sale and buy a mitsu evo.

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
THANKS! for the link
curiositis.
no sway bars
no cover under the engine
full parallel double wishbones
mmmm no a good roll center desing I thing!
arround -2,5º of caster at the front
but not 1000 kgº imposible.
no rear diff cooler
standar door glasses and electric lifters!!
it is ready for pasenger seat.

i was thinking how to get it to low to 1200 kg and it will be necesary of a aluminium block and many carbon fiber ,radiators be reduced till the minimun necesary , no dashboard at all , plexy glasss ,one seat only.... a looooottt of money

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
SeeUSmile;2072813 said:
yeah all of that was, sourced from lord digital, unless I read it wrong :S. Btw josbeat, how much does the carbon fiber doors weigh?

The weigh of the box where it came was 6kg in total

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Last updates are the best
Rear sway bar moved to the hardest positiom made a big improb in the chassis now is perfect in the enter in the midde and in the exit of the corners
New Tial water cooled wastegate made the miracle, no more boost problem.
New hand made rear diffuser in carbon fiber
New brake lines routed away of engine radiant heat left the brakes at really hihg levels of performance.
A 12 different injection maps with a smooth and linear power band also help to lower 7 seconds!! from the last year to this year in the same closed track , and it could be more lower easy.
Last track day i left many GTR bejain me and some Audi R8 also heavy modded mitsus ,,faster than many Lotus, Catherhams.... really happy because it was with a pasenger and with an old set of semis .

Last edited: