1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
^^was my first thought as well. At least with the neck directly behind the drivers seat (I think that's were you put it)

Something scary about that... But I have never gone your route with a car so maybe it's not as bad as I think?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I`m doing all by the FIA book and the safety article nº 153
the filler pipe passed the homologations like the fuel cell and with all the securytty antiroll valves ectr... and like FIA saed for inside tank it will have a pipe cover with other pipe but , it will be very well done ofcourse! and if I have an accident (dont like) which destroy the fuel tank .... for sure that i will be at the other side before it happens

my car is a LHD so yes the tank is behin me because on the other side I have the battery , allways I can put an screen to separate it form the copckit

Attachments

• img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 36

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
stevenr816;1885092 said:
What axle shafts are those?

if you are asking about the drveshaft on the attached foto ....was the modified parts who Toyota homologated for the Supra for races

progress

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Jose, fuel cell install looks nice and neat. I noticed in one of your pics that you have your harness anchored to the rear strut brace? You should really get a proper harness bar welded into the car mate, strut brace is not ideally designed for that.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
its allright
i dont know way that cusco bar is very strong beleveme it is very rigid because the supra no need a rear bar between the towers and also when the belts are straight they are close of the attachement of the towers so no problem is strong enought at the FIA safety regulations let to attach the belts where the original attachement are, also if the angles are no the corrects but preferible at the tower bars or rollcage if the angles are too radical like on our cars.
my car passed the homologations for race car with the belts there, we will see if they pass the fuel tank next year or I will need to put a barrel between the tank and the copkit....
I am not fan of weldding anyway

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
finally is ready
photo of the filler pipe
photo of the double feed line at the fue rail
photo of the fuel sample kit , I will use it to remove the fuel from the tank when using the 102 octane race fuel (expensive to use on the roads)

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I NEED HELP
without te fuel tank at the back now I have a big hole there not well for aerodynamics so now I am thinking to close all the floor but the big problem is the exhaust
what can I do with it?
any ideas?

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
looking how fast is the Supra... I will try to be good protected with nomex Underwear and new FIA homologated Helmet also I will try with a new set of comunication with the PIT to be informed of the position and lap times
wow! jajajajaaja
the other helmet at the back is the old one (sheap one)

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
very expensive prize.... oil pressure problem due long and hard cornering , high G with the new slick and full aero down force adjusted leave the engine with out oil.
solutions needed but a big oil pan is not possible due wastegate possiton and gearbox cooling
thinking about acusump bottle or dry sump system.....

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
IJ.;1894484 said:
3qt Accumulator, haven't lost an engine since I've owned mine :)

thanks , I will follow your solution because big oil pan is complicated and the dry sump is very complicated aswell .