1154rwhp 7M (with nitrous) 975rwhp Turbo Only!

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
Just returned from Supras Invade Las Vegas 2010. What a blast!!!!!

Great times, great cars, great fun! Keith and Steve, thanks for the awesome job organizing the events! My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and got to meet lots of freindly Supra owners and see tons of projects in various states of coolness!!!

I'm not sure what the record HP for a 7M is, but we might have witnessed the record being set this year at SILV 2010?!?

Just to keep it real, and to show the true potential of the much-hated 7M, Turbo Tony and his wicked KTM-colored MA70 put down 975rwhp on one of his turbo-only runs. Then he topped the charts for the event with 1154rwhp with nitrous. On an "old" 7M!!!! Looks like the 2J's will have to try harder next year...

100_1054..jpg 100_1045..jpg
We didn't do too badly either. Wouldn't you know it, we hook both Supras up to the Dyno for their first baseline pulls on their new setups, and viola, we win a trophy for highest HP in a mildly modded 7M. Never intended to "compete," we just wanted to know how much power they made, and the discounted rate made it a no-brainer. So 363rwhp was enough to take home this shiny trophy!

100_1173..jpg 100_1017..jpg 100_1162..jpg

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
GrimJack;1630442 said:
Congrats! Vegas is always a great time, wish I could have squeezed in a trip this year.

PS: Record for a 7M is significantly higher than that. Mibrum is the current record holder, at 1340. Of course, that's not in a Mk3 chassis... http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?66742-***SM-Member-Horsepower-List***

I figured it was higher, but damn - 1340??!! Very Cool Indeed!!! Ahh, and the magik link! Thanks, I'd almost given up searching...

Still, I think it was waaay cool to watch him spin past 1100rwhp in person! What a truly awesome feast for the senses!!!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
*flame suit on*
7M sounds better than a JZ regardless of power level, but especially when it gets up there. 7M sounds throaty while the JZ's sound porsche'ish

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Poodles;1630691 said:
*flame suit on*
7M sounds better than a JZ regardless of power level, but especially when it gets up there. 7M sounds throaty while the JZ's sound porsche'ish

Werd.

His engine has, Pauter rods, pistons, cams, (custom) 47/88 MoTeC M48 ECU. Nothing special. You simply just need to put it together properly like any engine. I spoke with Tony on the phone last night. He is planning on heading to the track to dial it in soon. He still needs to do his licensing. lol

Highest drag Supra (MKIII) would either be Tony or Gary's bud with the ford 9" in Greece.

Duane

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Haha, well I love the idea of hearing this thing run down the track with the glide. Yet im sure it would be much closer of a HP race if he wasnt being robbed by the trans.