101MM Stroke 7MGE

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
I've done a lot of things with this engine I really didn't understand, until sometime later. This is one of those things.
We machined the shim bucket (some call them lifters) bores to accept the 2000 and up Toyota Echo shimless bucket. Why??? The cams have such a radical lift they will "spit" the shims out. Or knock them right off the top of the buckets. Machined the bores? The stock 7M buckets are 28mm in diameter, the Echo buckets are 32mm. The cost is about $12.00 per bucket and they come in a range of sizes too match cam lash. I got lucky and had a 2JZ N/A given to me that thru a rod. We stripped the engine and Daryle walks over to my 7M head and says look these buckets fit! Well that was money saved to say the least. At the time the main concern was stoping the "shim spit" problem. Daryle said there was another plus to this mod. It follows the mod many BB Chevy guys do. By enlarging the lifter bore size using BB Chrysler lifters in BB Chevys. The larger bore will change the ramp rates, overall cam duration, and maximum lift numbers. Which will change the dynamics of my cams...too the good ;) I was wondering why he had me get the cams I did, know I understand. I will pick up more duration @ say .020 vs a cam of a similar spec @ .050. Not to mention the increase in lift. I guess you can say the cams will have more leverage to open the valves quicker and a bit longer. Here are a few pics of the Echo buckets.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=630110

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Just goofin off check this out..

You are running 22 PSI of boost at an altitude of 5000 feet. Your motor's static compression is 8.5 :1. At this boost level and altitude your effective compression ratio is -20.22 :1, and without altitude correction your compression ratio would be 21.22 :1.
VS
You are running 6 PSI of boost at an altitude of 5000 feet. Your motor's static compression is 15 :1. At this boost level and altitude your effective compression ratio is -20.12 :1, and without altitude correction your compression ratio would be 21.12 :1.

This is just bench racing.....

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm