1000RWHP 2JZ-GE Block Build

kaan2lee

The Brains
Feb 12, 2012
Kent
Hi all,

Firstly I`ll go over the basics of my build and how I plan to do this.

The car is a 94 supra 2JZGTE with a 6 speed tranny. I am planning on building a GE short block on the side to swap straight in to my car with minimum time off the road. So to make things clear this will be a "2JZ-GTE with the exception of just the GE block.

List of definate bolt on modifications (for a different chapter so I wont go into detail) :-

*Stock Crank 86mm stroke
*Forged rods and pistons
*Upgraded fuel system
*Tripple disc clutch
*Head upgrade
*Motec M600

NOW FOR THE BUILD

PHASE 1 - The Block.

The block I have which I plan to drop straight in is a 2JZ-GE BARE block. The blocks going to be cleaned, bored .040", honed, decked then painted (kawasaki green to be precise).

I plan on running the block WITHOUT oil squirters to run a GE oil pump for less stress on the engine.

THEORY 1
WITHOUT oil squirters the GTE oil pump might have too much pressure on the engine seals as there are 6 less open exits for oil to exit the system. Although you would think you need the extra pressure for oil cooler and turbo there is still only 1 exit which I thought will be enough pressure at higher revs with just the GE pump.

EXAMPLE :-Take a garden hose and point it upwards. There is enough pressure to squirt the water out of the top of the hose (to feed the engine). Make a hole in the side of the hose (oil cooler and turbo) there will be a drop in pressure out of the top of the hose but never the less still enough to feed the turbo and oil cooler. Make 6 new holes in the side of the hose below the turbo and cooler exit (oil squirters) and watch how the water will struggle to flow out the top and to the first hole (turbo and cooler).

THEORY 2
At maximum RPM the squirt of oil at 80+ PSI to the underside of the piston will cause such a resistance to the down stroke of the piston it will be the equivalent of a barrier of oil for the piston to force its way through 150 times a second resulting in less HP.

EXAMPLE :- An engine with an 86mm stroke doing 9000RPM = 13 meters of downwards piston motion per second. Drop a piston inside a 13 meter tube from the top free air. Now apply a force to pull the piston to the bottom in 1 second. Repeat this but onto a jet of oil firing up at the underside of the piston at 80 psi. Now try and get the piston to fall 13 meters in 1 second with the 80psi jet of oil. The difference in force from both tests x 6 (pistons) is the extra resistance it takes to force the piston down on an engine doing 9000RPM using oil squirters. More resistance = more heat.

Now im no expert nor am I tryin to base this as a fact, this is just my personal opinion to why I choose not to use oil squirters in MY engine.

Theres no harm in trying if we all done the same the world would be boring.

Any comments for or against my theory are welcome.

GOLDEN QUESTION :-

*Which GE oil pump has a crank angle sensor?

Sorry for the long post but im trying to give as much info as possible to make this build a pleasure to follow,

Your questions and answers will be most appreciated,

Thanks.

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
VVTi GE pump has the crank sensor.

Why .040 over?

You are better off with a GTE and an SP or PHR modified oil pump. Seen this work numerous times with oil squirters.

kaan2lee

The Brains
Feb 12, 2012
Kent
IBoughtASupra;1807532 said:
VVTi GE pump has the crank sensor.

Ok Thanks, what about lexus is300 pump?

Why .040 over?

Assumed .020 was not enough for an 87mm piston.

You are better off with a GTE and an SP or PHR modified oil pump. Seen this work numerous times with oil squirters.

Im not using oil squirters.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
IS300 pump is the VVTi pump. There were two versions, non-VVTi and VVTi, get the VVTi.

Why are you going to bore .040 over? It makes no sense. You are wasting away the block. You can hit 1100 on an 86.5MM piston. You DO NOT need an 87MM piston. Once again, oil squirters don't hurt, they are meant to keep things cool, why remove them or use a cheaper GE block that doesn't have them?

You should use a GTE block and pump and keep the oil squirters. You won't be running an oil cooler setup?

kaan2lee

The Brains
Feb 12, 2012
Kent
Ok thanks i`ll keep my eye open.

I got the block for nothing with 50,000 miles on it.

Yeah I will have an oil cooler the engine will be a full 2jz gte with the exception it will not have squirters. I dont know if half my thread is missing but in my theory I went to some detail explaining why I choose not to install them.

Im a sheaperd not a sheep (dont like to follow).

I choose 87mm pistons to maximize displacement without sacrifcing the extra load a longer stroke kit will put on the engine.

If I can get some more opinions on this I will stick to an 86.5 with a .020 overbore