10.5 inch wide wheels on MA70?

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
IJ.;1256358 said:
Width doesn't do a whole lot for straight line traction ;)

you refering to camber? What would you do Ian? This is only for street driving btw. I love kicking the tail out. I drift (hence the avatar) but the 2 way lsd and upgrade in power and the fact that this is my first turbo car kinda intimidates me. Id wrather kick the tail out in a controlled environment then risk it happening on the streets.

Doward;1256414 said:
Hush, Ian ;)

let the man talk :slap:.. everyones $.02 is appreciated. Your input too. I wouldn't doubt both of you know tons more than I do.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
HommerSimpson;1255327 said:
18x8 front 18x10 rear

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Damn this car look :thefinger Bad ass

I :love: it.

Also my friend has the same offset as this car.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
MA70witBoost;1256428 said:
you refering to camber? What would you do Ian? This is only for street driving btw. I love kicking the tail out. I drift (hence the avatar) but the 2 way lsd and upgrade in power and the fact that this is my first turbo car kinda intimidates me. Id wrather kick the tail out in a controlled environment then risk it happening on the streets.

let the man talk.. everyones $.02 is appreciated.
I'd go for a combination that fits the car, if I wanted straight line traction I'd choose smaller diameter wheels and taller profile tires (length of the contact patch is more important than width)

Suprizim TT;1256432 said:
Damn this acr look :thefinger Bad ass

I :love: it.
Looking at your location you would ;)

Say hi to Batman for me......

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
IJ.;1256440 said:
I'd go for a combination that fits the car, if I wanted straight line traction I'd choose smaller diameter wheels and taller profile tires (length of the contact patch is more important than width)

Looking at your location you would ;)

Say hi to Batman for me......

I will.

Sorry I fix my spelling already.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
IJ.;1256358 said:
Width doesn't do a whole lot for straight line traction ;)

Truth. For what it's worth, with around 350rwhp, possibly a bit more, I could easily break my 275/40/r17 Falken Azenis RT-615's loose and leave some nice black patches.

Cornering ability/lateral grip= wide tires.
Straight line traction= sidewall flex/taller profile.

In a nutshell, anyway...

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
shaeff;1256457 said:
Truth. For what it's worth, with around 350rwhp, possibly a bit more, I could easily break my 275/40/r17 Falken Azenis RT-615's loose and leave some nice black patches.

Cornering ability/lateral grip= wide tires.
Straight line traction= sidewall flex/taller profile.

In a nutshell, anyway...

I love Falken Azenis. Had a pair on the front of my 240SX and plan on getting another set for my supra. Great tires. You feel wide tires are good under boost on turns Shaeff? Obviously speed is relevant to the angle of the turn as is how much throttle is applied. Im thinking that Its going to have to be a mix of both. A not so low profile tire on the back but something still relatively wide. I love high speed corners but also think that full boost in a straight line would cause the tail to go all over the place so im trying to keep my supra as controllable as possible.

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
I'm Running 17X10 +12 with 295/35/17. However this setup will not clear a stock wheel well.

My $0.02 is if you going with a wheel as inexpensive as a mustang (Cobra) repro wheel. then get something that fits well now like a 9.5, run 275's. Then by the time you spend all the money and labor hours involved fitting a wide body, buy some nicer/better wheels then the mustangs. Plus with a wide body you may want even less offset or more wheel. Example 17X10.5 +17 or 17X12 +28. you get the idea.

A full wide body (Done right) is quite an undertaking so you may want to get something that compliments that.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Suprizim TT;1256451 said:
What's the highest offset you can go on this cars?

It is all based on the width with that question. It is like some one asking what is the widest a person can go.. it is based on the offsets.

You guys just need to do what I did and just buy it and pray that it fits :sarcasm:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
BorHor;1256886 said:
It is all based on the width with that question. It is like some one asking what is the widest a person can go.. it is based on the offsets.

You guys just need to do what I did and just buy it and pray that it fits :sarcasm:

Maybe you have the money to waste... doesn't mean everyone else does. Its called making wise financial choices (not that owning a supra is one of them). Also realize that normally, when you buy a part, its not always as easy to get what you payed for it. That being said, I'd wrather do the research and try to get something that would work.