1.5JZ Mahogany Brown Supra Project - Lots of pics

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
brown supra love <3, and im guessing you did find those pre 89 euro lights :p love how the 89+ tail lights and the molding is 89+ too right? look i really want the 89+ tail lights on mine :3

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
Love the car man it is way clean, i got a pre 89 also.. I had a few questions for you.. What front lip is that you have, and do the 89+ tail lights bolt right up? Also where did you get those blinkers? Thanks and good luck with the build

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
Lip is correct, it is the Shine Auto S2 for the pre-89 only one they make for it. The 89+ tails lights do bolt right in, you may have to drill two holes for the bolts that go through on the bottom of the license plate holder through the bold, my rear did not have those holes, but it is an easy fix. You need to use a 89+ license plate center.

Those are the Euro blinkers available only on the pre-89 European and Aussie models, homie in Australia hooked that one up, super hard to find.

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
Yeah I I paid 90 for my Euro Turn Signals, straight from the Netherlands haha. Man you make me wanna do a rear +89 tail swap lol, what size are your rims and wheels? the fitment is great!

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
rmjsupra;1599407 said:
Seats are the Sparco Steels, they are the older model from 2009, new model I think is called the R100
how do u like those seats? do you think the r-100 are worth to buy?

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
UPDATE TIME!!

Been a While since I updated this post and since Savy updates hourly, I have to try and keep up.

My stock 1jz twin finally started smoking after 2 years of good service. When I removed them there was about 1/8&#8221; of play on each one and broken blades. In a tight budget and trying to get to Supras In Vegas on time (I organize the event, it would be a shame if I went without a Supra), my only option was to go single.

Pictures will come soon, lol have to get them off the laptop with the busted screen.

Luckily my homie had a rebuilt T60-1 (by XS Engineering) with 0.76 AR trim exhaust side and T4 flange he was not using and handed it down to me. The intake side was a bit small, but its all I had in a pinch, he also kicked me down a HKS standard wastegate with a 7psi spring in kit. This all matched up to the Manifold I got from Reaper a wheel back.

Had a Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump to put in (love it), and then the shopping list with Aaron at Driftmotion started:
- Driftmotion/Aeromotive 1jz AFPR kit
- Single turbo line kit
- V-band flanges
- 1JZ down pipe
- Universal Intake pipe and K&N filter
- Random Hardware..

Thank Aaron and Mary they rock and got me all this in super fast turn around.

Luckily had left over piping from the original build to do minor adjustments on the hot side of the intercooler pipes. Picked up a oil catch can from Ebay, very nice unit (internal chambered) and the spent some $$ at Orme Brothers (fitting supply place in Northridge) for all the AN stuff I needed for the catch can.

Things to remember when going to a single Turbo.

- Prime your new fuel pump before installation. Or you will become an expert at dropping your MKIII fuel tank (lol I was tired, car is 20 from my house and coaching football 5 days a week, planning SIV 2012 and worrying about the car can take a tole lol)
- In most cases you will need shorter lower exhaust manifold studs, Do It Center works great for this.
- Your arms will get sore from making -10 AN lines, your wife (if you have a cool one) will learn how to do this as well lol
- The 340 Stealth Aeromotive Fuel Pump will not work with the OEM FPR, 1jz FPR goes bye bye &#8211; Call Driftmotion and get the AFPR kit.

Below is a picture of the Dyno run I did and of the car at Supra&#8217;s in Vegas 2012. After 1.5 hours of tuning in 107 degree Palm Springs weather in July, the car heat soaked to hell, final run was 457 whp at just under 15 psi. Not bad for a donated turbo that I thought was to small. With FSR and Driftmotion as witness, (along with Craig and others) the car is a new animal. With my crappy start I was still able to lay down a 13.5 (114mph) at the drag strip in vegas. First time I have drag raced since line 2000, with no helmet I was not allowed to run again.

7827214214_29732e5915_z.jpg

p1892297_1.jpg

I will have more pics up soon.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I really like the brown with gold rims looks unique. I went with rebuilt stock twins but hope to be making the same hp with mk4 injectors.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Surprised I haven't seen this thread, must admit that's a lovely car. The lip looks great on the brown I'm not really a fan of the large front lips in black on the different coloured car but that looks damn perfect, jealous of the car nice update also

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
Whats the color code on that one? Is that the original 86.5 color or was it resprayed?
I noted the first few posts mentioned Mahogany (4J7) which I think was 1989 only and usually looks darker. The rims look very nice against that color though, for sure.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
xzeror;1892341 said:
you make me want to never ever think about changing the color of my supra <3

I'm the same way with my 86.5
There were just a few colors that they never did outside that year and while the allure is there to look at some crazy deep metalflake silver once in a while, I just keep coming back to the OEM 3H2. ;)