Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
i got boned by the price of the conversion x.x looks like next time i will deff give wiring a go lol. Harness has been paid for, radiator was cleaned and repainted, engine bay is still dirty, need to give it a good cleaning and start tucking away some wiring, i also have to get the bay ready for paint.

Only thing im a bit worried is my downpipe/exhaust situation :/

I also need to mount up my intercooler so i can start test fitting intercooler piping, thinking about doing 2.5 hot side 2.75 cold side. My intercooler is 3 inch inlet/out.

I also picked some thjings up at the yunk yard :) like my throttle cable from a camry which is said to work...

Going to do a test fit on the engine and see how much i have to bang the firewall then i can send it to be painted.

I will update with pics tommorrow! Any concerns or comments :D?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
p1789343_1.jpg

p1789343_2.jpg

p1789343_3.jpg

p1789343_4.jpg

p1789343_5.jpg

p1789343_6.jpg

p1789343_7.jpg

Also started making tabs to mount the ic..

p1789343_8.jpg

Old hoist that broke...
p1789343_9.jpg

New :]

p1789343_10.jpg

Still trying to clean up the engine bay, disconnected a lot of things and degreased it quite a bit. The bay had some like clay like substance on the entire bay and then was painted over. I had to start taking it off but its taking forever, you can start to see the oem brown color in some spots.

I plan on painting the entire bay so dont mind these progress picstures :]

The poopra waiting for its new heart ::monocle::
p1789343_11.jpg

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
ok so im installing the flywheel/clutch and my car orignally was a 7mge with the r-154, but i gave away the clutch along with everything when i sold the motor.... So i only have a shift fork because i did not think i would need anything from it from my 2jz. I looked at my shift fork and it looks just like the gte shift fork.
What I'm trying to ask is do i need the clutch release bearing hub and everything shown in between?

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=CL&P=11

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Uh-oh. Someone gave away the hub assembly. Yes you will need it, it's what moves the pressure plate the release the clutch when the clutch pedal is pressed. You will need the hub with new snap rings and washers. Local Toyota dealer can get them or DM if you don't have a shop account from Toyota.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
ok so i was switching out the motor mounts and they do not bolt up, only one side fits and the other one doesnt? If this was a 2jzge block they should still work if i have the same mounts right? Im thinking i was sold wrong mounts :/....
:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
thanks for the quick reply bro, i got the mount situation figured out. Just working on getting the engine to fit properly with the twins. Need more info on where exactly to hammer the fire wall to make it fit.
I know i had 1 hardline that was in the way that i think is for abs but i dont have abs so im not sure if i can move it.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
p1791309_1.jpg

p1791309_2.jpg

Sent those to aaron at driftmotion and he confirmed that it was indeed an aristo flange. Went ahead and ordered the 3inch aristo downpipe for the mk3 that they just got along with some redline mt fluid, and rubber hatch stops. Hopefully that stops the squeaky hatch. Also, since the downpipe is fairly new, they do not have the gaskets for them yet but they will get them in the next week and will ship it out once they get it for me. Driftmotion by far has been the best company i had to purchase parts from for my supra, aaron is a nice guy and i deff recommend anyone buying parts to give driftmotion a try.

Coming in from toyota i have a new clutch release hub kit, as well as toyota red coolant :]

EDIT: I also forgot, I GOT MY HARNESS BACK FROM DR. TWEAK!! havent opened it up yet, so when i do ill take pics of the quality of work they did.

I really cant wait to get my car back, not only does it suck not having a car but i miss driving the poopra :/

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You will need about three bottles of Toyota coolant. I'd flush out the system when you do your first oil change on the motor, who knows how long it has been sitting and any debris that might have found its way in there.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
i got two straight coolant bottles/gallon, once i dilute it with water i should have about 4 gallons total. I sent my radiator to be thoroughly cleaned it looks brand new tbh, but i think i still will flush it out first then leave the toyota red in after the flush.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
tbh i didnt really know they had a pre mix lol, but i guess cost? Ill still being doing 50/50 with distilled water :/ is diluting it myself really that bad vs getting the premix>?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Loook what came in the mail :D

p1791494_1.jpg

There were these two random plugs that im not sure what they are for. Ill prob give tweak a call and ask but maybe someone on here knows if they done the conversion with tweak before?

p1791494_2.jpg