1jz bellhousing (new)
1jz flywheel (new)

Parts gathered:

used intercooler from member on here.

Still need:

Fuel pump
1jz swap mounts
intercooler piping

and other little things to get everything working.

Main thing:

Send harness to tweak.

Edit:

Going to put some things up for sale to help with the costs like my:

suspension techniques lowering springs
rear brembo big brake kit (maybe not sure yet)
oem 2jzgte piping (might polish them first before i sell)

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
any one have a suggestion as to what clutch to use? Plan on staying BPU for a while so max hp would be in the 300-400 range, then i will prob go single but later on.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Some goodies came in the mail from toyota :3, (got my 1jz flywheel :D) and intercooler in decent shape :). Been watching videos on polishing and i think im gonna give this new to me intercooler a nice polish haha, not even 5 mins of owning it.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I suggest six puck clutch. I have a stock clutch and on my 1JZ, even with the upgrades but just stock fuel, at 9LBS, it slips when just getting into boost.

It gave me a few pulls, four at the most and it gave up.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
i was looking at the act hd 6 puck rated for 500 something tq but for a little more i could get the act extreme 6 puck rated for 600ish tq. Would the extreme 6 puck be overkill?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
i was wondering if i wanted an upgraded downpipe for my stock twins would i have to buy a mkiv downpipe? Or are there actual downpipes made that fit our cars with the jdm twins?
And if i did have to get a mkiv one would i have to modify it or will it fit?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
i have the act 6 puck ceramic with the xd pp and i love it. quick engagement but u can abuse the crap out of it and hardly chatters. the down pipe i would recommend getting made a shop and buy the aristo dp flange from driftmotion as u will need that flange since it is one of a kind bolt pattern

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
look and see if your turbos say ct20 on them. If so then i believe u use the aristo flange...im not certain though so u might want to research it or call Aaron at driftmotion. He might know

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
They have no markings. They have a 3 bolt flange. Ive been searching for hours and cant find any info as to which i have for sure. What are ways to tell for sure?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
I was told they were usdm, but then i also read the flange for usdm is 4 bolt vs the 3 bolt jdm? I have 3 bolt, i guess ill take my heatshirld off when i get home for a better view.

http://www.turboninjas.com/pics/mk4compare.gif

According to this they are te same? The guy i bought the engine from said they had steel vs ceramic? Could be he just swapped the wheels out as well.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
what is stamped on the compressor housing. Wheels cant be switched between the two types cause they are completely different turbos with different shaft sizes...

jdm are ct20
usdm are ct12

like this...this was my rear one might be easerier to read the rear turbo
p1776468_1.jpg