Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Exact words from the previous owner:3d_frown: some of it is bs.

New Paint 4 year old professional brown metallic paint, orange peel bottom, deep shine… All New body moldings… Interior is two tone tan. Near mint, except the front seats could use new leather. Dash is like new, no cracks, etc.

Undercoated, RARE NO RUST FRAME / UNDERCARRIAGE
New black carpet - its okay, looks like it was just cut and jammed in.
Legal tints
Newer JDM 7mge inline 6 cylinder 3.0 engine, (approx 60k miles) new head gasket, powder coated yellow - lol...bs it was fucked so bad bhg and crankshaft fucked to hell would fall right out thats how bad it was.
New Koyo radiator, blitz radiator cap, recent coolant flush - no idea if it is koyo o.0 i dont think so
Dual electric fans
New 1 month old 130 amp alternator
New starter
Newer battery
New fog lights, 5000k, New headlights 8,000k
New 1 month old exhaust professionally done (wrapped headers with full 3 inch exhaust to Borla whale tale muffler - pretty shitty job with the exhaust.

All New Air-conditioning system - this went out before the month...like after 2 weeks it stopped blowing cold air.

New TRANSMISSION just put in a rebuilt R154 transmission, driveshaft, and lsd turbo rear end, rear main seals, transmission seals
Upper and lower sway and tower bars, front and back
Suspension techniques lowering springs it also has sway bars under but they have no endlinks so they are just flopping around down there.
Tociko Illumina struts
All New drilled/slotted rotors and brake pads

New 1 month old staggered 18 inch Ruff racing R930 hyperblack (9.5 in rear, 8.5 in front)
New Maxxis tires brought over from California (255/35/18 rear, 235/40/18 front)
Shortened shifter height with titanium shift nob

Car has an older system with 2 amps, crossovers and 2 eights in the hatch that still thumps. Nice Sony head unit, but only works with remote.

This is how i bought the car. No powersteering, E-brake did not work, and reverse lights did not work because of the r154 compared to the w58. This was all ok because the rest of the car was very nice and everything seemed well, but it was not after buying my car, i had to learn how to drive stick after a week i had it down i was driving it daily to school (16 at the time) i go take it to my mechanic he's a family friend has been fixing my dads cars since forever, reliable and cheap. At first he was only going to take care of the power steering problem, and the e-brake, but that led to finding that the crank shaft was really fucked up, and that it had a BHG, when he said it had a new headgasket, but anyways the cost of fixing the old engine was gonna be expensive so we went with another jdm engine with 40k-50k miles. i only got to drive my car for 1 month, and its been just sitting at the mechanics house ever since. Dec 7? a few days before my birthday :cry: He also found that the car is going to need new wheel bearings, rebuild the a/c compressor, and maby rack and pinion, because the new engine came with what appears to be a good powersteering pump so i have to wait and see... i wanted to go turbo but i realized i prob wouldnt get my car back anytime soon, when just an n/a to n/a swap is taking forever, so that will come in time. i already have the trans and rear end for it. The new engine is going to get new gaskets and im painting the engine bay, and getting rid of the yellow i already painted the strut bars black

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
p1500806_1.jpg

p1500806_2.jpg

p1500806_3.jpg

p1500806_4.jpg

p1500806_5.jpg

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
the new engine that i ordered.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the empty engine bay
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and thats where it is for now i should have it back sometime this week.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
clean car, not a fan of the yellow or the out in the open sound system. However clean car none the less. Id question the milage on the motor youre buying as well. Just a suggestion.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
JDMMA70;1500818 said:
clean car, not a fan of the yellow or the out in the open sound system. However clean car none the less. Id question the milage on the motor youre buying as well. Just a suggestion.

yeah the yellow is coming out, and i want to change the sound system. the mechanic said that the engine is in very good condition, so it appears to be low mileage.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
xzeror;1500826 said:
yeah the yellow is coming out, and i want to change the sound system. the mechanic said that the engine is in very good condition, so it appears to be low mileage.

Appear and low milage are two different things ;).

Granted the engine may be in excellent condition but that doesnt mean its low milage either.

It could be but just remember as IJ always says "the youngest 7M is 18years old now". Also JDM Supras never came equipped with the 7MGE. The pic you posted tells me that engine came out of a Cressida.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
JDMMA70;1500834 said:
Appear and low milage are two different things ;).

Granted the engine may be in excellent condition but that doesnt mean its low milage either.

It could be but just remember as IJ always says "the youngest 7M is 18years old now". Also JDM Supras never came equipped with the 7MGE. The pic you posted tells me that engine came out of a Cressida.

ahhh i see

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
bought new parking shoes from napa, and ordered the wheel bearings. A/C Compressor is ready to be picked up, waiting for the engine to go in now :icon_bigg

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
gelboy1015;1501764 said:
clean supra! love the interior and exterior. just lose the yellow!

its coming out! :p

Igknyte;1501768 said:
ah. doesnt look like that site is bein maintained anymore lol. ..sigh..

i just went on it a few weeks ago and it was working =[

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
JDMMA70;1500834 said:
Also JDM Supras never came equipped with the 7MGE. The pic you posted tells me that engine came out of a Cressida.

JDM Supras never came with NA 7MGEs, but there were other cars that did, so it may not be a Cressida, but it can be adapted to fit, hell I'm running JDM engines on my 92 and 86.5..

:naughty:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
RazoE;1501791 said:
JDM Supras never came with NA 7MGEs, but there were other cars that did, so it may not be a Cressida, but it can be adapted to fit, hell I'm running JDM engines on my 92 and 86.5..

:naughty:

the previous engine was also jdm but it was different so im guessing from a diff car or year?