Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

Harley

Sep 24, 2009
Adelaide
Very nice looking Supra.
Love the exterior look without the spoiler + the colour.
Not a fan of the interior at first, but it did grow on me.
Good luck with the build, I've done an NA to NA swap in my shed at home and currently doing a turbo.
I know you're pain hahah.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Harley;1511404 said:
Very nice looking Supra.
Love the exterior look without the spoiler + the colour.
Not a fan of the interior at first, but it did grow on me.
Good luck with the build, I've done an NA to NA swap in my shed at home and currently doing a turbo.
I know you're pain hahah.

ty :D

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
FINALLY got the car back :D. Drove her home, everything looks good. idles fine pulls strong. But dirty as hell. Will take pics tomorrow as it's raining pretty bad down here. Maybe even wash her if its not raining tomorrow :naughty:

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Wow. I skipped over this thread on account of how so many people egos let them call their car "clean". This is definately NOT the case here. Car looks great, my only two nit-picks are the E-break cover and handle are showing the age and the box for your subs just looks out of place. Im loving the look of the black carpet contrasting your interior too.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
FullNelson;1514089 said:
Wow. I skipped over this thread on account of how so many people egos let them call their car "clean". This is definately NOT the case here. Car looks great, my only two nit-picks are the E-break cover and handle are showing the age and the box for your subs just looks out of place. Im loving the look of the black carpet contrasting your interior too.

lol i dont like the sub boxes :/ and im trying to make it a pretty clean 86.5 :p

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Updatessssssssss:
p1514112_1.jpg

how the engine sits now :D, no more yellow, need to change the lines then i will have the yellow completely gone.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
RazoE;1514170 said:
what the hell did you paint your engine bay with...?

otherwise, lookin' good..:D

for some reason the engine bay had like some soft clay thing on it? and i just painted over that instead of taking it off. looks crappy yes.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Fog lights now work but when i turn them on the ac lighting goes out and the digital watch dims? Is that supposed to happen?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I really like the brown with the chrome wheels. I don't know what it is but it's a classic cool look.
I'd go buy some black vacuum hose at the parts store and ditch that yellow stuff.

Very nice looking though!

As for the clunk/vibration I'd check the U-joints to see if there's any play as that could be a symptom.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
ive been meaning to get rid of the last remaining yellow in the engine, just been lazy. ill get that checked right away.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
had a problem with the power steering pressure hose it had a leak and when i turned ps fluid would just shoot out. after replacing it i find out that the rack and pinion is on its last leg. it whines and is starting to leak, and when i steer to the left a little it keeps going back itself and when i move right it sorta jerks back to the other side :/

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
updates: Getting the Rack and Pinion fixed, along with the ball joints hopefully i will get the car back in a few days.